Any cheap way to get good audio out of a zune...in a car?
Oct 16, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 12
head unit= car cd player...for instance, here is a Pioneer unit that lists for $100. It has an aux. input on the front panel where you can plug in your Zune from the headphone jack.

FM transmitters would allow connection to your player(Zune) from the headphone jack then transmit an FM signal which your car tuner picks up...but audio quality is poor at best from my experience.

Oct 17, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by The5ickne55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How hard is it to put one in? And would I notice a good quality in sound change?

If you don't have any experience in car audio installation I advise you to visit your local (reputable) car audio shop and pay to have it installed. They will most likely charge for a special kit for your car...so figure $150 total for an entry-level CD player such as that Pioneer.

I don't know what you're comparing this proposed setup to but if you replace the stock CD player/radio and also replace at least the front stock door speakers ($100+/pair)...you will hear an improvement. Without a doubt!

So... new head unit+speakers=
icon10.gif

Figure those two upgrades as being the minimum. Any more cash that you can throw at it will only improve the
icon10.gif
factor...like $500+ for sub & mono amp.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Are their any head units that feature a line in ? I like to listen to my zune / mvp / through my speakers.

Yes, re-read reply #4.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

How hard are they to put in? My current head unit is ... pretty damn big ... I have a 2000 Chevy lumina

You will need a special install mounting kit for it to fit into your dash, Also you will need the wiring harness adapter to connect the existing wires to the new CD player.

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

*lost*

rolleyes.gif

This is why in my first paragraph on reply #6 I recommend paying to have it installed...all you need to do is pay & play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back