Any Canadians want to do a group buy on the new Shure Foam Sleeves?
Apr 17, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by schugh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked the Shure Canada web site and they are now available for purchase.
http://www.shurecanada.com/EN/Produc...am_sleeves.htm
They are $18.99 but the shipping is $9.50 for Ground which seems rather excessive to me.
Oh well, I will check locally first and see if someone has them.

-- Sanjay

Good to know the option is there, and $9.50 CAD is an improvement on earphonesolutions' $20 USD for international shipping :p

Another option is to buy in bulk from shurecanada, divide those up amongst those of us who want them. That'll only work if most people want the same size though.

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 23
well gearforce is mainly a musician's rental shop. they do like concerts and stuff.

apparently he's in tight with westone. so yeah, if he doesn't have the um1s on hand, i'm sure he can bring them in. it only took me a couple weeks because westone ran out of wires for the um2. silly isn't it?
as for a trial pair, it was mentioned that he's got a couple open um1s that i could try, but i never bothered.

when i go pick up my olive sleeves, i will ask about getting more, pricing and such...
who's interested?

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #19 of 23
Well, seeing as how they are now available from Shure Canada, it is pointless to do a group buy from earphone solutions.
$9 shipping is reasonable. Plus you wont be hit with brokeage fees.

I will just buy some other stuff too, to soften the $9 shipping charge
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #20 of 23
A few questions. I know you can buy them from Shure Canada now, but how do I know if they will fit on whatever i use and what size i need? I need something to put on my marshmallows, as the stock tips are getting dirty and ive already thrown out one pair, im ready to throw the other out and i want a good set of foamies that seal real nice. Will the shure's fit on marshmallows?

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well gearforce is mainly a musician's rental shop. they do like concerts and stuff.

apparently he's in tight with westone. so yeah, if he doesn't have the um1s on hand, i'm sure he can bring them in. it only took me a couple weeks because westone ran out of wires for the um2. silly isn't it?
as for a trial pair, it was mentioned that he's got a couple open um1s that i could try, but i never bothered.

when i go pick up my olive sleeves, i will ask about getting more, pricing and such...
who's interested?

I'm interested for sure, especially if I can have an audition of both and a decent discount on UM2s. When you end up getting your gear, don't forget to report back here
tongue.gif

And is it easy to get to the store? I don't recognize the address since I'm not down in Vancouver all that often, and I'd like to avoid as much hassle as possible; is it within walking distance of a skytrain station?

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, seeing as how they are now available from Shure Canada, it is pointless to do a group buy from earphone solutions.
$9 shipping is reasonable. Plus you wont be hit with brokeage fees.

I will just buy some other stuff too, to soften the $9 shipping charge
wink.gif

Well, if you aren't in the GVR then shipping is a hassle...but if we wanted more of a discount from shurecanada, they do sell foamies in packages of 50...and we could split that.

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few questions. I know you can buy them from Shure Canada now, but how do I know if they will fit on whatever i use and what size i need? I need something to put on my marshmallows, as the stock tips are getting dirty and ive already thrown out one pair, im ready to throw the other out and i want a good set of foamies that seal real nice. Will the shure's fit on marshmallows?

Any tri-flanges and things of that sort will definitely not fit, but with an awl and some elbow grease, you will be able to squeeze some foamies onto the 'mallows. It has been done before, and there are threads with pictures.

As for fit, that's a personal thing. Everyone will find a different size foamie fits them better than the others, and without trying them out yourself, sizing is kinda hit and miss. Having said that, most people find the mediums have a good mix of isolation and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back