Any Canadians want to do a group buy on the new Shure Foam Sleeves?
Apr 16, 2007 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

t10

100+ Head-Fier
As per this thread about the new Shure Foam Sleeves at earphonesolutions http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227757

I was going to purchase some but $20usd to ship a 20 gram package made me feel as if I was throwing out $$$.

Thought maybe a few of us could get together and reduce the shipping costs. We could ship everything to one person, who then in turn could easily mail them out to other members via regular air mail.

I dont mind placing the order, and mailing out the packages to others once they arrive, or if some one else wants to do it, that is fine.

Let's see if there is any interest.
For funds we could use email interac, or paypal.

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 23
WOW, it's like you read my mind.

I was searching like a madman this weekend to find a way to get some foamies cheaper, and a group buy seemed the best way to do it.

I'm in for some mediums, let me know how this turns out because I want to get some for the um1s I'm getting in the near future.

I'll be paying through paypal as well.

EDIT: I'm in GVR, B.C. by the way. Anyone live nearby?

Apr 17, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 23
Happy to see the interest in a group buy is not too shabby
tongue.gif

Just a suggestion, but sending one package to big metropolitan areas would cut down shipping costs (ex. sending one package of foamies to the GVR and having the people ordering foamies meet somewhere).

Apr 17, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nvm it wont fit

What are you trying to put the foamies on? If you can get ahold of an awl, its not too hard to stretch the foamies and put them on.

There have been threads where the OP has put the shure foamies on various IEMs, for example, the jvc marshmallows.

Apr 17, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #10 of 23
I e-mailed them on Thursday last week asking them what is the deal.
On Friday I received an e-mail that they will be available to order from the Shure Canada website in a couple of weeks.
Hopefully the price will be in line with the US price and the shipping won't be too bad.

-- Sanjay

Apr 17, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #11 of 23
I'd be in for mediums (anyone want to do a small/medium split with me?) if you'd accept money through the mail since I don't have a credit card.

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #12 of 23
uh.... guys... i can get them locally here in vancouver.
no need for international shipping

or at least my guy is getting me a pack... here by friday i think he said

i'll be using mine on my um2s

how many do we want?
www.gearforce.com
tell 'em ron sent you

Apr 17, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how many do we want?
www.gearforce.com
tell 'em ron sent you

Any chance they sell new, sealed um1s too? It would be great not to have to pay shipping, and do they let you audition um1s and um2s? I notice they have e5s too...wouldn't mind auditioning that...

But yeah, just a little off topic...would we pick them up from that store? Or do you or someone else just orders it and we all meet up to divide the spoils?

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

how many do we want?
www.gearforce.com
tell 'em ron sent you

Hmm, I do not see them on the website. Should we email these guys, or can you get the stuff for us and ship it out?
Also we ARE talking about the new type of the sleeve right, P/N PA910.

Myself I need 1 set of PA910S -Small, and 1 set of PA910M -Medium.

If you will be getting the stuff to ship out, please let us know the pricing, the shipping quote (to Toronto for me at least), and what type of payment you preffer.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back