Any Canadians own a slimx?
Dec 3, 2003 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

SpoonMan

100+ Head-Fier
If so....where'd you order it from? I'm currently tryin to find somewhere to order a slimX from that ships to Canada...this really is rediculous, it's not like Canada is a world away from the US.

Dec 3, 2003 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 19
Did you say they shipped from Québec? Because if so, then I'm in for 2 SlimX
biggrin.gif
Damn, that would be very nice...

*goes and visit that site*

Dec 4, 2003 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by SpoonMan
If so....where'd you order it from? I'm currently tryin to find somewhere to order a slimX from that ships to Canada...this really is rediculous, it's not like Canada is a world away from the US.

What's your location?

Canada Computers on College St. (Toronto) sells them for $249 C$. That's about $189 US$.

Dec 4, 2003 at 7:21 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Arkham
What's your location?

Canada Computers on College St. (Toronto) sells them for $249 C$. That's about $189 US$.

Awful, awful store. I wouldn't buy a ten cent screw from there. Search the tor.forsale.computers newsgroup for the lowdown on these guys.

Dec 4, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 19
I'm not fans of theirs either, but I have made a couple disposable purchases there. Only when I know I won't need to deal with them again on that product. Why? They're cheap.
wink.gif
Manufacturers' warranties take care that I don't have to bother with them again.

Besides, I know no other store in the city that carried iRiver players.

Dec 4, 2003 at 9:11 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

What's your location?

A iMP-What? Hopefuly a iMP-550 or something.

Dec 5, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

I'm not fans of theirs either, but I have made a couple disposable purchases there. Only when I know I won't need to deal with them again on that product. Why? They're cheap.
wink.gif
Manufacturers' warranties take care that I don't have to bother with them again.

Besides, I know no other store in the city that carried iRiver players.

Yeah, it's up to the consumer to decide if they want to support a store like that - I choose not to give them my $ in any way. Though I don't automatically home in on the lowest price when I'm shopping around, there's lots of computer stores in the city that have lower prices and *way* better service.

Dec 5, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #10 of 19
Are you serious that there is only one store in Toronto carrying iRiver players? We also have just one store in our city with those players, but I live like 7000 km from USA and the population of my city is 100,000. That's strange to say the least...

Dec 5, 2003 at 2:25 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Thrasher
Are you serious that there is only one store in Toronto carrying iRiver players? We also have just one store in our city with those players, but I live like 7000 km from USA and the population of my city is 100,000. That's strange to say the least...

I don't think it's strange at all - iRiver's marketing is virtually non-existent in Canada (apart from US magazine ads and such). Their distribution is not that great either, but I suppose coupled with low demand (again that marketing thing) it makes sense. Stop anyone on the street and see how many people even know what iRiver is - I bet it's less than 10%. There's lots of CD/MP3 players around here, however apart from Sony, Apple & Panasonic, you mostly see off brands like JVC, RCA, sometimes Creative, etc.

Oh yeah, IIRC Radio Shack carries (or carried) iRiver products, you may be able to get them to special order a certain model for you.

Dec 5, 2003 at 3:49 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Thrasher

I said I knew of no other store. I called a bunch. That was just after they were released in NA though. I haven't looked much since then.

Dec 5, 2003 at 3:51 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by davei
Yeah, it's up to the consumer to decide if they want to support a store like that - I choose not to give them my $ in any way. Though I don't automatically home in on the lowest price when I'm shopping around, there's lots of computer stores in the city that have lower prices and *way* better service.

I personally stick with Perfect Systems across the street for the majority of my purchases, or a couple other stores on the strip. But when you know what you're doing and what you want, saving 20% on something that you don't need any support or assistance with can help. There are other stores with crappy service on that strip, so I'm not going to organize a protest march over it.

Dec 6, 2003 at 2:45 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by davei
Awful, awful store. I wouldn't buy a ten cent screw from there. Search the tor.forsale.computers newsgroup for the lowdown on these guys.

Perhaps you could point me to a specific post that gives me the lowdown on these guys? I havn't had much luck finding anything yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back