Any cable ods for IEM's
Sep 20, 2007 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

captian73

Headphoneus Supremus
i've got the Super.fi 5EB, and one of the main reasons for buying them was the fact that i could replace the cable 'should anything bad happen.

to put a long story short, I really hate the 5EB's, but that's another story. but i got to thinking, everyone's seen cable mods for Sennheiser AKG, and of you have such headphones like the Darth Beyers, but are there any cable mods or mods for IEM's.

I'm now looking at burning my Super.fi 5EB's, having an operation to fix the pain the my ears that i have endured from the wire supports, and i'm now looking at a high end pair of Shures.

so any cable mods?

Sep 20, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 6
I think that UE's cable can be swapped with Westone's. I don't think that is just for customs. Other than that good luck, there really aren't many out there.

Sep 21, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 6
How are the wires actually hurting your ears? Is it by wrapping around on top? If so, maybe you can wrap some gauze around the wire to cushion it on top of your ears. It might look funky, but the discomfort should lessen.

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #5 of 6
i thought abotu that, because they are very painful, noer so than my Satx SR-001 MKII's. you get used to them after a while, but these 5EB's kill.

Sep 21, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Then I guess its time to start looking for a better option huh? Personally, I like the e500: a good mix of dual bass and smooth treble; ER4S: awesome detail, a tiny bit lacking with bass, but I like the sound sig. of it best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back