Any BT IEM's similar to SE-215?
Apr 21, 2015 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MattAKramer

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Shure SE-215's with a UE-900 cable and I really like the setup, but I'm considering getting a pair of bluetooth headphones so I don't have to mess with cables when working out or running.

I really like the sound of the Shure's and their isolation.  Are there any good BT headphones that would have a similar sound and similar isolation quality?

Thanks!

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 9
I don't use BT earphones, but I wanted to ask: What difference does this make over stock cables? I may consider it. I used to have the se215, but I just recently ordered the special edition.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 9
  I don't use BT earphones, but I wanted to ask: What difference does this make over stock cables? I may consider it. I used to have the se215, but I just recently ordered the special edition.

The UE-900 cable has a mic, volume controls, and allows you to skip tracks, rewind etc.  It also has much better memory wire around the ears that seem to keep the cable in place much better.  Sound wise I don't remember noticing a difference, but they definitely stay around my ears better than the old Shure cable.

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 9
After researching online, the most commonly recommened BT IEMs are the Jaybird Bluebuds X with comply tips.  People say they have a V-shaped sound which, on paper, is similar to the se-215's.  

Does anybody have any experience with both that can compare the sound quality between the two?

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 9
I have heard of them, but not listened to them. This video might be helpful. It doesn't talk specifically about sound quality, but it takes a look at earphones as a whole. Both the se215 and jaybirds are mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMVnnRjzHVM

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 9
  I have heard of them, but not listened to them. This video might be helpful. It doesn't talk specifically about sound quality, but it takes a look at earphones as a whole. Both the se215 and jaybirds are mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMVnnRjzHVM

Thanks.  The guy it the video seems to like them, but he doesn't really compare the sound between the two.

Hoping I can find someone on here that has experience with both and can give a decent comparison.  I'm not planning on getting rid of the Shure's, as I'll still use them at work and home, but for running and working out, I'd like to have a comparable quality in a bluetooth set.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 9
Yeah I understand. That's why I was saying that he doesn't talk specifically about sound. I have not listened them so I can't comment, but I hope someone here can offer some useful information.

Good luck!

Jan 1, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #8 of 9
  Thanks.  The guy it the video seems to like them, but he doesn't really compare the sound between the two.

Hoping I can find someone on here that has experience with both and can give a decent comparison.  I'm not planning on getting rid of the Shure's, as I'll still use them at work and home, but for running and working out, I'd like to have a comparable quality in a bluetooth set.

What did you get?

Looking for a replacement for me BT IEMs (Sony SBH80)

Advice appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back