Any Bonamasa fans in here?
Jan 12, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 17
I just got and listened to Slow Gin a couple of days ago, and am very impressed. I am going to look into his other albums, and I'll check out those you mentioned also.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got and listened to Slow Gin a couple of days ago, and am very impressed. I am going to look into his other albums, and I'll check out those you mentioned also.

I went to Kenny Wayne Shepherd in 2006 up at Deer Valley and the opening act was Joe Bonamasa. He was unbelievable.

I posted this to see if there was anyone that listens to Modern Electric Blues so we could get artist/album suggestions going.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 17
Him and Albert Cummings are my two favorite modern day blue/rock fusion guitarists.

If you like "Sloe Gin", then also try "Brand New Day" and "You and Me'.
cool.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like "Sloe Gin", then also try "Brand New Day" and "You and Me'.
cool.gif

All of his albums are worth getting.

My library of Modern Electric Rock

Joe Bonamassa
Robert Cray
Robben Ford
Jonny Lang
Coco Montoya
Popa Chubby
Roomful of Blues
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Walter Trout
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Walter Trout

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 17
There's also Indigenous and Keb Mo.
Also check out the song Baby Please Don't Leave Me by Buddy Guy, off the Best of the Silvertone Years.

I just got Brian Setzer and The Nashvillians - Red Hot & Live! this morning and it sounds great. Although its Hard Rockabilly rather than Blues.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 17
I was wondering about Indigenous. I will try out some of his music. I haven't heard of Keb Mo, I will try him out also.

I have almost all Brian Setzer's albums. I have followed him from the Stray Cats days. I saw him in concert when he was with the SC's and he was great. Roomful of Blues spills into a similar style, more of a swing/dance/blues combination.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 17
"A new Day Yesterday" is very good(live),,but honestly,see him perform if you have not,,you owe it to yourself,,there are 2 DVD's that I'm aware of,,"Live @ the Rockpalst",,and A New Day Yesterday(earlier recording--SQ-ok). He's really a pretty decent fellow as well,,no air about him,,good people. Just my .02 worth.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 17
For Keb Mo, check out Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: Keb' Mo', and maybe his self titled album.

Jan 12, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by brainsalad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Joe Bonamassa
Robert Cray
Robben Ford
Jonny Lang
Coco Montoya
Popa Chubby
Roomful of Blues
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Walter Trout
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Walter Trout

Walter Trout. So nice, you had to say it twice
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sedan delivery /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"A new Day Yesterday" is very good(live),,but honestly,see him perform if you have not,,you owe it to yourself,,there are 2 DVD's that I'm aware of,,"Live @ the Rockpalst",,and A New Day Yesterday(earlier recording--SQ-ok). He's really a pretty decent fellow as well,,no air about him,,good people. Just my .02 worth.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got both DVD's. When I saw him live, I was blown away. I live about 90mins from Vegas and he puts on shows there about twice a year. I missed his show in December. He is Europe right now and hopefully when he comes back he will swing through Vegas again.

Very impressive live. Very tight.

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #15 of 17
I was in Rhode Island yesterday and I saw it advertised that he is playing in Providence this weekend.

I can't see him putting on a bad show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back