Any Bluetooth earphones for $50 or less that aren't junk?
Dec 14, 2017 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking for a pair for a Christmas gift. Doesn't need to be high-end at all. Just decent sound (better than the cheapest of cheap earbuds) and won't fall apart within a month of use. See lots of option on Amazon and whatnot...just wanted to see if there were any opinions from you fine folks.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 7
I think the primary reason people may not recommend bluetooth earphones is the fit depends on the person and what is good for one person may very well fall off on another person. Another way to tackle this is to get a Fiio bluetooth amp which accepts any earphones. Or you can see if you like KZ earphones like ZS5 and get the matching bluetooth cable which will keep the cost well under the limit. But since you dislike junk so badly, KZ quality control for a lack of a better word is unpredictable.

Xiaomi and Meizu gets good reviews. Maybe could even add 1more.
But for reliable name sake, Shure and Westone seems to get the attention, although draws a premium.

Advanced has an up to 30% off sale going on and their stuff are good. Without the sale they don't make the cut.

https://adv-sound.us9.list-manage.c...c2b17f9cb8a234653a&id=c46eef8b5b&e=00e9bd3c28

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Take a look at the SmartOMI Ace or Q5. I recently reviewed both and would suggest the ACE as the better fitting and the Q5 as the better sounding of the two but both are very usable.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 7
I think the primary reason people may not recommend bluetooth earphones is the fit depends on the person and what is good for one person may very well fall off on another person. Another way to tackle this is to get a Fiio bluetooth amp which accepts any earphones. Or you can see if you like KZ earphones like ZS5 and get the matching bluetooth cable which will keep the cost well under the limit. But since you dislike junk so badly, KZ quality control for a lack of a better word is unpredictable.

Xiaomi and Meizu gets good reviews. Maybe could even add 1more.
But for reliable name sake, Shure and Westone seems to get the attention, although draws a premium.

Advanced has an up to 30% off sale going on and their stuff are good. Without the sale they don't make the cut.

https://adv-sound.us9.list-manage.c...c2b17f9cb8a234653a&id=c46eef8b5b&e=00e9bd3c28

But people are on here recommending non-BT headphones all day long. What's the difference...the fit is person dependent with them as well. I get that this place is more based on quality...I've been here a while so...and BT isn't quite up there in the SQ department yet. I'd probably never own a pair myself beyond a beat around pair for working out or something. But this is for my wife. She doesn't care about SQ that much. I have her try my stuff anytime I get something new and it's always the same...she's like meh...that sounds nice. But never more than that. Right now she's always rocking a really cruddy pair of unbranded earbuds...probably the ones that came with her phone. I notice her all the time wrestling with the wires when she's working outside in the garden or doing house work...just thought she's appreciate losing the wires and just looking for something that doesn't sound like music being filtered through a potato and won't stop working a month after she gets them.

Thanks for the the suggestions...I'll check them out.

Thanks for the great help!

Take a look at the SmartOMI Ace or Q5. I recently reviewed both and would suggest the ACE as the better fitting and the Q5 as the better sounding of the two but both are very usable.

Thanks...I'll check them out and look for your review. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #6 of 7
Is it jus gonna be used for music, or also for video? Because then latency could be important to factor.
KZ ZS5/ZS6 with Bluetooth Upgrade Module Cable should be a decent option.
If sweat resistant sport proof is more your thing, then Meizu EP52 could be good. I have the EP51 myself, but the EP52 has a better nozzle design.

Dec 15, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 7
Movies/video possibly. Sweat probably not as much of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back