Any Blockhead owners?
Jun 15, 2002 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 9
Tyll can just take one home!!! We should all be so lucky!

It's an impressive headamp for sure but for the money I would have a hard time choosing that over the Ear HP4. Of course, if I had that kind of cash I might as well get both because I clearly won the lottery or something!

I have decided if I ever come into a LOT of cash I would put down a bid on all those racks from the WoH tour.

Jun 15, 2002 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 9
Nah. For that kind of money, have them *build* you another set. They need those to travel with...
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2002 at 2:36 PM Post #6 of 9
Originally posted by lextek
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
Tyll can just take one home!!!

At Boston he said he didn't have a balanced source at home. So he wants one too....

He could take that Meridian home too!

So far it would seem that there is no one here to activly hate for owning one...

Jun 15, 2002 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 9
Flump and I asked Tyll at the Dallas stop whether anyone actually owned a Blockhead. We thought we'd play up the rumor that they'd never sold one at all.
wink.gif

According to Tyll, they've sold about 30--not bad really, considering just how over the top it is.

Personally, I'm really surprised that everyone else hears such a big difference between the Max and the Blockhead. I could tell the difference but I had to really look for it and felt they were really close--certainly with the same family sound. If that's the sound I wanted, I think I'd be quite content with the Max. The Max has just awesome build quality and aesthetics as far as I'm concerned, and I'd probably take the ease of driving different headphones over the other advantages of the Blockhead.

The EAR can be had pretty easily for a lot less than the Blockhead, for what its worth. If you shop it around, you'll find it costs only a bit more than the Max making it a consideration if that's your budget.

Jun 15, 2002 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 9
I really heard a difference between the Blockhead and Max. To me the midrange/vocals were more forward with the Blockhead. I also like the E.A.R.

Jun 15, 2002 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm gonna HAVE to agree with Kelly on this one
biggrin.gif

The Max and Blockhead have the same basic sonic signature, IMHO. The only real difference I could hear (granted I didn't listen to the Blockhead for very long) was that the Blockhead seemed to do something different with the soundstaging--better stereo seperation, perhaps. There WAS a difference, but in my opinion, it wouldn't be worth the difference in price and convenience (balanced-only input/output). I remember Tyll asking me my opinion of the Blockhead and his somewhat puzzled look when I replied that I didn't hear THAT much of a difference between it and the Max
tongue.gif

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back