Any better setup (audio technica ad700 + astro mixamp)
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cube2

New Head-Fier
Hey guys my setup im currently using is the astro mixamp & ad700 for gaming (PS4) and watching netflix. Is there an added accessory i can add to get better audio experience out my headset. My budget is $300 if that helps. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 9
What aspect are you trying to improve? Is there something about your current sound that you are not happy with? There really isn't a magic box that makes sound "better". The easiest way to change the sound is to buy different headphones.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm happy with the sound I get from the mixamp, I thought maybe there was another amp that's better then the astro's that would give a different audio experience.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 9
You could add a headphone amp between the mixamp and the headphones, but the AD700 are fairly easy to drive and I doubt it would make a big difference. Swapping the AD700 for different headphones like the AKG Q701 (and adding an amp because they would need it) or another open headphone would make a much more significant change.

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 9
It's not that easy. "Better" depends on how you define it, and no one agrees on what that definition is. Some people like more bass, some like more treble, some like more isolation, some like more spacious sound, etc, etc. Paying more money does not guarantee you will like the sound better.

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 9
AD700 are great for gaming because of their soundstage but weak on bass, which is something that you might want for movie watching. I'd suggest considering other headphones, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back