Any beautiful, color-coded classical music CD sets?
Jun 23, 2018 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

floeezy

100+ Head-Fier
While browsing through classical music on Spotify, I stumbled upon one of the volumes of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's (ABC's) "1000 Years of Classical Music" 100-volume initiative.

After some research, I discovered that the ABC has released just over 50 CDs, chronicling the evolution of classical music through four distinct periods, each represented by one color:
  • Baroque and Before (yellow)
  • The Classical Era (green)
  • The Romantic Era (red)
  • The Modern Era (blue)
Being a collector and a lover of classical music, I was immediately taken by a strong urge to collect the entire 100-Volume CD set. However, it appears that the ABC has stopped releasing CDs; the last release was in July of 2017, and they had been releasing CDs consistently over the past year or so. I contacted the ABC to ask if they plan to complete the 100-Volume collection. I have not heard back yet, but I am expecting the worst as I read news articles of the Australian government axing CD collections and reducing funding to ABC Music.

I would have loved to own the entire collection, and my completionist tendencies are holding me back from just buying what has been released so far.

Do any of you know of other CD sets that are as comprehensive and, most importantly, feature beautiful and well-coordinated cover designs? I am hoping to make the collection a center-piece of my living room by building a shelf to display them prominently.

Thank you for any help!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back