Any balanced interconnect to recommend?
Dec 6, 2009 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I've got this perreaux line buffer which not only improves the sound , it also provides balanced output. I am looking at van den hul d102 so are there any other recommendations?

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 19
Hi Hentai
I think Artisan silver cables are great,i baught a pair of balanced artisan silver cable and they are great,i will be doing short review soon.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 19
Well only 1 response
wink.gif
I bought myself a pair of acrolink

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #5 of 19
I highly recommend Ridge Street Audio Designs
Absolutely adored my Poiema!!! Signature XLR, until I parted with the balanced rig last year.

Worth checking out!

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #6 of 19
Van den Hul the Orchid!

Dec 10, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 19
Thanks you guys for your recommendations. One thing on moving to stax omega is that the headphone is very revealing and particular on the type of interconnect and source whilst the dynamic headphones i used in the past weren't too fussy.

Dec 18, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #8 of 19
frown.gif
it turns out that the acrolink is not a good choice. Makes my system sounds too lush, warm, much prefer vdh the name. I am selling this and get a kimber or nordost

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #9 of 19
Just now I had an exchange of XLR ic with another audiophile and got myself a kimber timbre XLR. Haha it now work perfectly. Clear, detailed and smooth

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #10 of 19
****, in the end the kimber sounded too bright for me. So I sold it off to get supra eff xlr. Ahh I think I am getting the balance right now

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
****, in the end the kimber sounded too bright for me. So I sold it off to get supra eff xlr. Ahh I think I am getting the balance right now

You're not.
You still need to upgrade that one component.
y'know, that one.

Dec 28, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #12 of 19
You should give your new cables 100 hours (if you have the patience and a long return policy, 200 hours) just to be certain that their sound signature don't change to your liking over time or you get used to them. Since you can clearly hear cable differences why not have multiple interconnects for different occasions
tongue.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #13 of 19
I did find the above mentioned RSAD to be a really nice match for the Stax SRM-007t and SR-007BL.
Not heard their current cable line-up, but may be worth a try.

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not.
You still need to upgrade that one component.
y'know, that one.

The amp?, i think the amp is perfectly fine , just that the stax is very sensitive to the kind of interconnects you use. Well, i am planning to save up for blue hawaii in future.

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should give your new cables 100 hours (if you have the patience and a long return policy, 200 hours) just to be certain that their sound signature don't change to your liking over time or you get used to them. Since you can clearly hear cable differences why not have multiple interconnects for different occasions
tongue.gif

Since I moved to stax , differences between cables become very obvious , more so than the past dynamic headphone I used.

I can identify differences btn straight wire , vdh, acrolink, kimber , altas and supra interconnects but for powercord, I can't hear much difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back