Any Audiophile Airsofters?
Sep 25, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #16 of 35
I was going to get a Classic Army M15a2 and a High Capa Silver Dragon, but figured it wouldnt be worth it due to the lack of interest here.

Sep 25, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I have played before IMO airsoft is just a cheap, less fun version of paintball.

I wouldn't say it is cheaper than paintball. The guns can be very very expensive.

I think airsoft is for people who like realism. It's all about making it appear real.

Paintball isn't like that.

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't say it is cheaper than paintball. The guns can be very very expensive.

I think airsoft is for people who like realism. It's all about making it appear real.

Paintball isn't like that.

You've got it right LawnGnome. Airsoft isn't cheap by any means once you get into it (Just like headphones) and you stop buying equipment from Airsoft companies and start buying from Military/Security Fim companies (i.e. Blackhawk, Eagle Industries, Paraclete, Eotech, and Trijicon). Becuase once you start buying from them your expenses add up quickly. My Eotech 512.A65 alone costs $450 with the GG&G Accucam mount. Then the gun, Classic Army M15A4 CQB which goes for $410, then upgrades $200, and finally my Night-Ops Gladius Tactical Illumination Device (Fancy name for super-flashlight) which costs $200 (It has a setting that strobes 25 times a second and disorientates and impedes your ability to use depth perception causing dizzyness and the threat to look away or lose his night-adapted vision) The other teams don't like that
rs1smile.gif

But point being more that $1000+ in gear is nowhere near cheap. And I'm more money cautious than other Airsofters. It's not uncommon for an enthuisiast to spend as much as his CAR on his gear and guns (Plus having an entire family-room sized room showcasing his collection). I doubt I'd ever throw that much money into it though.

This thread speaks for itself: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=12518

Now thats dedication
biggrin.gif
That rivals (or beats) the most eccentric Head-Fiers collections. And half of those were custom. Easily $50,000-$80,000. And they aren't even the only ones, there are plenty of Airsofters who spend (what looks like) every dollar they make on airsoft. Thats until you see the threads showcasing their cars, lol.

Now show me a paintballer with that kind of arsenal, lol.

Here's some other threads:

My Collection (Tell me what you think about it and theres also pics on the second page of the thread)
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=41170

The Other Co-Captains Collection (He's fairly decked out himself)
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=41238

Another Major Enthuisiast:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=12329
The Average Airsoft Collection:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=42875

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #19 of 35
Shomie - you're in Florida, but post on ASC?!
confused.gif

Have you visited Aqua's infamous Gaijin/Nihonjin thread yet?
biggrin.gif
That's the only thing I really keep up with on that forum.

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #20 of 35
I used to play with a friend a few years ago when I was under 18. Had an ICS M4 full stock and a WA wilson combat replica. Unfortunately I couldn't afford it as a full time hobby, on top of the hoops I had to jump through to buy guns since I was underage. My local club would not allow minors under 18 to participate so that got old pretty quick. I ended up selling it all to fund audio purchases.

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #23 of 35
Never got serious. I have a completely stock Marui MP5, Tac Master and spring M9 back in Hong Kong. Ended shooting at more soda cans than people
biggrin.gif
The reason being I don't have the time to do these things anymore and when I do, I prefer to play badminton, violin or listen to some music. Hong Kong is just a tad too hot to go running around in full combats with a proper, 400fps metal M4 with all sorts of heavy real-steel add-ons. Oh, and it's pretty expensive too
biggrin.gif
Some of the customs done by Den Trinity and Red Wolf Airsoft are very nice. There's a whole street dealing just with airsoft guns in Hong Kong. Does Clarence Lai ring a bell? I seem to remember him being one of the leading custom airsoft gunsmiths. IIRC, he was working for Den Trinity and I was considering one of his masterpieces. That was at least five-six years ago though...

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Eotech 512.A65 alone costs $450 with the GG&G Accucam mount. Then the gun, Classic Army M15A4 CQB which goes for $410, then upgrades $200, and finally my Night-Ops Gladius Tactical Illumination Device (Fancy name for super-flashlight) which costs $200 (It has a setting that strobes 25 times a second and disorientates and impedes your ability to use depth perception causing dizzyness and the threat to look away or lose his night-adapted vision) The other teams don't like that
rs1smile.gif

Ouch. That runs about as much as my AR-15 rig.

Sep 30, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #25 of 35
I used to do it a bit more frequently. I got really into Airsoft when I was about 10, and played pretty heavily for a year and a half before other stuff started to get in the way.

I'd love to get back into it, but I still just don't have the time...

Sep 30, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch. That runs about as much as my AR-15 rig.

Real-Steel?

Ya it is pretty expensive, worth it for the amount of fun airsoft is though.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Real-Steel?

Ya it is pretty expensive, worth it for the amount of fun airsoft is though.

If my sponsor covered airsoft, I would gget back into it, lol. Skiing>Airsoft.

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #28 of 35
I love airsoft. If more people near me played it, I would definitely put more money towards it =) I have a somewhat small arsenal, but there aren't many people who play around here so I don't need a whole lot (and I only have been doing it for 2 years and w/o a job =/)

Guns w/ accessories:

UTG MK96 Sniper Rifle   with:    4x32 Mil-Dot Scope w/ high rise weaver mounts
                                               Threaded Mock Suppressor adapter 
                                               King Arms Lightweight 290mm Silencer
                                          Pantac M249 Sling  (need heavy padding for heavy rifles =)
Echo 1 Stag 15 RIS (with full stock) with: UTG Red/Green Dot Sight
                                                      Streamlight Stinger (mounted with 1" scope rings)
                                                            UTG Super Duty Vertical Foregrip 
                                                            Custom modded front flip-up sight
Cyma CM030 (Glock 18c)   with: Rail and Barrel Adapter (For sights or suppressors)
                                                Tokyo Marui 100rd High Cap Extended Magazine
                                                Custom paintjob  (OD Green on bottom)

Spring Pistols:
KWC Smith&Wesson SW1911 Ultra Grade
Utg MK23 w/ custom camo paintjob
Galaxy G.1 Metal Pistol  (Makes people mad when you outshoot them with it 
bigsmile_face.gif
 )

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #29 of 35
I was really into it while we had an abandoned factory to play in (w/ police approval) for some excellent CQB situations mixed in w/ some midrange using overgrown shrubs surrounding it.  The insane amts of downtime combined with the lethargic pace of most woodland games really pulled me out of the game once said factory was torn down.

Had: 
Stock MP5A4 (sold)
P90TR upgraded to 325fps w/9.6v U-battery upgrade, 3x stock mags
Stock MP5K w/ tons-o-spares (who plays airsoft and doesn't have half-a-dozen mp5 caps anyway?)
KWA M9 GBB

For the most part I was running around w/ the P90 only -- unlike the M4/M16/AKs that 99% of the people use, I found these to be more than accurate enough for mid range and snappy enough to sprint with.

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #30 of 35
All I can remember about Airsoft is to wear protection for your whole face, not just eyes.  I made that terrible mistake with my friends and my best bud shot one of my front teeth out from 15 yards away with a carbine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back