Any athletes here!?
Dec 29, 2005 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

TheReds

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if any are here. Tell us your sport! share your gift!

I for one play club soccer, in souther california, in cal south premier league U16
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #3 of 41
I play tennis just about every day it ain't raining. High quality, free public courts = heaven. Tennisy stuff is one of my major non-audio related expenses
biggrin.gif
. I play about 3.5 level, 3.0 on a bad day, 4.0 on a very good...

Dec 29, 2005 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 41
Well, I'm an EX-athlete...

When I was younger, I was a ski racer. I was good enough to be invited to invitation only ski racing camps in the summer, and to travel from my home in the midwest to races on both the east and west coast in my late teens.

It became apparent that I wasn't going to continue my athletic pursuits one summer at a particularly high-level camp. They divided folks into three categories:

1) Great athlete w/ great technique

2) Great athlete w/o great technique

3) Average athlete w/ great technique

There was no category 4...those folks weren't invited.

The first category, well they were already on a rocket ship to the stars. The second, well they were coachable. If you were in the third category, you had pretty much already topped out and weren't going to improve much with more coaching.

I was in category 3....
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 41
I practiced martial arts when I was a kid, also more recently and for some years while living in the US. I'm a first degree black belt in Songahm Tae Kwon Do (the style of the ATA). Have participated in a National and also a World ATA Championships, got some trophies out of it for first and third places in forms and sparring, also a few other thropies in regional (FL) tournaments.

Would hesitate to call myself a true athlete though, for sure I'm not a pro-athlete. Also, not really at my best shape right now, even though had been going to the gym this year. Just couple of weekends go I helped lifting a piano and felt a sharp pain in my back, which grew and grew and basically incapacitated me to go to work the next day. Went to the doc, I was told to rest the whole week, got Xrays and Magnetic Resonance, the diagnosis: a discal protrusion (bulge), will have to go through physiotherapy and everything, and then I am encouraged to practice Yoga, but to forget weight lifting or any activity with any heavy stress on the back. Guess my age (36) is showing
tongue.gif
I can only say take care of your back people, no matter how much sports you've done before.

Dec 29, 2005 at 3:36 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by downingp
I played professional baseball with the Montreal Expos from 2000-2003

I think that makes you are in a category above ours...I once catched a few balls from a guy who was drafted as a prospect pitcher for pro baseball....one of the most frightning experience in my life....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Dec 29, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
I play tennis just about every day it ain't raining. High quality, free public courts = heaven. Tennisy stuff is one of my major non-audio related expenses
biggrin.gif
. I play about 3.5 level, 3.0 on a bad day, 4.0 on a very good...

I play about 3.5 /4.0 level.

Prince Mid NXG w/Laserfiber Pro-Stock 68 lbs.

I also ski Salomon Crossmax 10s 185s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back