Any At&T U-verse users out there?
Jan 16, 2010 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

krtzer

Head-Fier
My family is thinking about getting this service, which means our cable service would change over from comcast, our phone would stay the same and our internet would get faster. I've been trying to find what people have to say about it online and a lot of it isn't very good. I was wondering if anyone on these forums had anything to say about how they service is. Right now my max download is about 150KBpS and max upload is around 50 KBpS which is awful when two computers in the house are trying to load up youtube videos. Also what can you tell me about the TV service, like how the picture quality is, and how the HD channels are.

Oh yeah, I live in Connecticut.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 5
i can't vouch for the internet, but you're in luck since you're getting away from comcast tv. i HATE comcast. their guide is the worst and the quality is horrible.

Jan 16, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 5
I find the quality of Comcast better than U-verse for both SD and HD signal. HD on Uverse was pretty disappointing. But U-verse comes bundled with MANY more HD and SD channels. The DVR on Comcast is limited to the TV that you recorded on where as U-verse can be shared throughout the house. Seems like there is more storage on Uverse as well. Internet is faster on Comcast (for me). I think there were alot of my neighbors on Uverse. Both had slightly slow response on the remotes. I prefered the Uverse. Uverse was a bit cheaper....If Uverse was available in my new pad I would still have it but alas, Comcast is the only game in town(Its a small town).

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #5 of 5
The Internet service is absolutely horrendous in my experience. I quite enjoy the TV and DVR, but the Internet is spotty and prone to cutting out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back