Any artists on Head-Fi?
Jun 18, 2011 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Vikingatheart

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for someone to take a picture that I have, and turn it into a sketch. Now I understand that someone would probably rather get paid to do it, but I was wondering if someone would be willing to do it gratis. I'll send the image of me wearing my Grados to whomever would be interested in doing this. I plan to use the image as my avatar 
biggrin.gif

While we are at it, let's start an artist thread. I am going to an arts school this upcoming fall for film! Are there any other film students out there in the Head-Fi universe?

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 21
^ That would be a great thing to see I have no clue I was just about to start a thread similar but different. 

Hopefully someone peeks out from their rocks to answer you.

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 21
Yeah I think it would be rather sweet! Hopefully someone is willing!

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 21
i use to do lots of drawings and paintings when i actually had art classes. teacher thought i was really good and creative. thing is i probably can't do any of that anymore cause drawing/painting wasn't one of my biggest hobbies i got into. i did it out of boredom in class when i was in high school. good your going to art school. hope you enjoy it.

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #5 of 21

Quote:
i use to do lots of drawings and paintings when i actually had art classes. teacher thought i was really good and creative. thing is i probably can't do any of that anymore cause drawing/painting wasn't one of my biggest hobbies i got into. i did it out of boredom in class when i was in high school. good your going to art school. hope you enjoy it.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll love it!

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 21
Bump!

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #8 of 21
Jun 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #9 of 21

Quote:

I'm in the same situation as you. 
redface.gif
 But I think it's never too late to pick it back up.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #10 of 21
I always wanted to draw. 

But I can write/play instruments. < Gay.

The ability to draw out what's in your mind is amazing.

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #11 of 21
I went to good school for it for a couple years, fine arts, pottery, sculpting, drawing, painting, photography, print making, all of that.  But as it turned out, 3 hours a day of practice has an adverse effect on some people.  It drained my interest.

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 21
What are you doing now?  Have you regained your interest after leaving art school?  Art school is both fantastic and horrible in that you're exposed to so many other people and ideas, but there's a kind of cookie cutter mentality and a lot of silly expectations and BSing.

Quote:
Its cool, no worries! What kind of artist are you? 

Photography and video mostly, but I don't like to call myself an artist because I like to think of it as simply making things.  There's a lot of BS attached to calling oneself an "artist". 

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:
What are you doing now?  Have you regained your interest after leaving art school?  Art school is both fantastic and horrible in that you're exposed to so many other people and ideas, but there's a kind of cookie cutter mentality and a lot of silly expectations and BSing.

You're absolutely right 'bout art schools.  I'm in school for programming now.  Never regained the drive as an artist, but as an observer my interest is still there, not that that means much.

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #14 of 21

Quote:

Photography and video mostly, but I don't like to call myself an artist because I like to think of it as simply making things.  There's a lot of BS attached to calling oneself an "artist". 

I agree. The term artist is not a term that someone should give themselves. If someone else refers to you as an artist in a professional sense, thats one thing, but when someone refers to themselves as an artist it can more times than not come across the wrong way.

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #15 of 21
Send me the link to your picture and I'll see what's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back