Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jun 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #6,346 of 6,444
Most DVD drives on PCs only let you change the regions a limited number of times though--though I guess there are probably programs out there that can bypass that limitation. Either that or they are not that way anymore and I'm getting to be too old-school for my own good. I shall investigate. ^^
Quote:
Computers don't tend to be region locked. 

Get a used computer with a DVD drive, swap out the fans for quieter ones if you are ocd, tada simple HTPC. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #6,347 of 6,444
Crunchyroll is getting better and better to watch simulcast of new anime.

If you're in NA that is. And of fast internet connection. Of course, simulcasts usually means that you have to pay a sub, but that's good since that's one of the cheaper ways for a lot of Westerners to support the industry. As with all subs though, apply for one early in the month.

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #6,348 of 6,444
Attack on Titan is gearing up to be on of the best animes I've seen for a wile. Let's see how the story continues to unfold.

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #6,351 of 6,444
Post episode by episode reactions LOL. I've read the manga and I love seeing how new people to the series react to the twists.

Attack on Titan POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!

If your referring to the "Titan be what" twist, I saw that coming. The "you/all be dead!?" twist and its deployment/timing was a nice surprise. Eren's story at the beginning reminded me of bleach(mother).

If that's not what your referring to, give me a hint. Did I miss something! :scream:

Is it just me or did little to nothing happen in episode 10, lol. I could use less recap and more continuation to the story in each episode btw, girrr.

How do I make parts of my post collapsable/expandable on mobile?

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #6,352 of 6,444
Quote:

Good news though (if you're in North America), GTO has been recently licensed for distribution on DVD by Discotek I think, and it looks like it may be coming out later this year. So I'm pretty excited about that. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #6,353 of 6,444
Quote:
It's an internet board, that's what I'm afraid of. ^^

I actually thought the first 12 episodes or so of Kenshin were the best--the terribad soundtrack aside, lol. I know that the Kyoto Arc is a classic, but I was honestly really bored with it, and hated how it ended. The only thing I *really* liked about it was Shishio--I was so tempted to just start skipping the fights towards the end to get straight to him. I hear that Trust & Betrayal is great, but I'm skeptical about watching it, given how little the series did for me. Then again, my friend who got me to watch this loves the series but *hates* Trust & Betrayal (and don't even get her started on Reflection), and my tastes in anime tend to be the exact opposite of hers (the only anime we really agree on 100% is Princess Tutu)--so I might like it after all.

Yeah, knowing that Kenshin came first does make a few aspects of Trigun seem a little... not quite ripped off, but closeish? (What really struck me was how Vash resembles the sword-obsessed villain whose name I can't remember.) But I enjoy it so much more, so I can forgive it. :-D

Trust & Betrayal is completely different from the series. And since it's only a single movie it's not a huge time investment. Definitely worth the watch. Most people don't like Reflections regardless of what they think of the series or Trust & Betrayal.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #6,354 of 6,444
Quote:
Attack on Titan POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!

If your referring to the "Titan be what" twist, I saw that coming. The "you/all be dead!?" twist and its deployment/timing was a nice surprise. Eren's story at the beginning reminded me of bleach(mother).

If that's not what your referring to, give me a hint. Did I miss something! :scream:

Is it just me or did little to nothing happen in episode 10, lol. I could use less recap and more continuation to the story in each episode btw, girrr.

How do I make parts of my post collapsable/expandable on mobile?

I guess she talks about the fact that this series not only has many crazy game-changing twists, but that they come out of nowhere. I loved episode 10, but the next episodes are about to get really intense. I bet they will only end this season and start and very very hiatus. You know, the manga is long and will give enough material to fill the 22 (?) confirmed episodes but that's about it. I don't think they'll start changing the story now but anything could happen. They could just pull a FMA (original series) on us but as long as it makes the original story justice I'd be ok with it. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #6,355 of 6,444
I guess she talks about the fact that this series not only has many crazy game-changing twists, but that they come out of nowhere. I loved episode 10, but the next episodes are about to get really intense. I bet they will only end this season and start and very very hiatus. You know, the manga is long and will give enough material to fill the 22 (?) confirmed episodes but that's about it. I don't think they'll start changing the story now but anything could happen. They could just pull a FMA (original series) on us but as long as it makes the original story justice I'd be ok with it. 

I PM'ed gray. I was going to add more stuff but I'll leave it at that. You are reading the manga also then? I am not following it. What are you enjoying more? The manga or anime?

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #6,356 of 6,444
Flower of Evil Episode 9

2:19... Well then :flushed:. He's going to end up tied to a bed with his legs broken.

Called it, LOL.

13:00

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #6,360 of 6,444
I PM'ed gray. I was going to add more stuff but I'll leave it at that. You are reading the manga also then? I am not following it. What are you enjoying more? The manga or anime?

The anime by far. The manga is not bad at all. Some people don't like the art because it looks sketchy and the artist uses the 3/4 face way too often and many times in a single page, but it is detailed and deep. But the anime has this great soundtrack that fits the deep and important scenes, great shading and a superior art that makes complete justice to the original work. I'm particularly impressed by how the animation team pulled off those amazing action sequences; they are good in the manga as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back