Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jun 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #6,331 of 6,444
Flowers of evil episode 5

15:00

no, no, No!.... "はい". YES! Take that world! LOL.

Edit: 18:00 (T_T) ......( T_T)

Edit: 20:43 (T_T) (T_T )......
"I'll even help you"
How about you just stay out of it....
"Really" What! No, no, don't say really?!

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #6,332 of 6,444
Oreimo 2 end of episode 8

"Brake up with Kyosuke"
ಥ_ಥ
Son of a....
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

ಠ_ಠ you are dead to me Ruri..

Jun 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #6,334 of 6,444
Lol, I've always been on Kyosuke and Kirino boat.. it's a dead given on how drawn they are towards each other.

But it might pull a swordartonline. By the time she lets him know they are not blood related, BAM! In love with Ruri's little punk face.

RUUUUURI!!! ( *_*)/" * pumps fist at the sky!

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #6,337 of 6,444
Just finished watching the first 62 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin, and I think that's enough for me. Am I allowed to say that I was seriously unimpressed with it, or will I be drawn and quartered for doing so? Will post my full My Anime List review of it if anyone wants to give it a read...to sum it all up though--I basically feel like it didn't do anything that Trigun didn't do considerably better, and in much less time, to boot.

Also, totally new to this thread. Been looking for an anime thread that doesn't update twice every five minutes to post to--something that I can actually keep up with. I wouldn't say that I'm a hardcore anime fan or anything (I don't keep up on new series very well, it takes me years to get around to watching stuff, etc. etc.), but I do have a deep appreciation for several series and enjoy debating their merits. Other series I've watched all the way through recently have been Garden of Sinners (so much promise, but at the end of it all I was pretty disappointed), Ouran High School Host Club (omg yeeeeeees) and Rose of Versailles (which was *amazing*). At the moment, my top 10 list would look something like:

10. Wolf's Rain
9. FLCL
8. The Tatami Galaxy
7. Trigun
6. Fullmetal Alchemist
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion
4. Princess Tutu
3. Gankutsuou 
2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
1. Cowboy Bebop

Other favorites are Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments Lain, Baccano!, Kaiba, Haibane Renmei, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Kino's Journey, Mushishi, and Revolutionary Girl Utena. I'm always open to suggestions and debate, but don't feel offended if it takes me literally like, five years before I get around to watching your suggestion. Currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka now and it's rocking my world. Also re-watching Penguindrum (and picking up on so much that I missed the first time around!), and trying to get through Full Moon, which is unfortunately sort of destroying my will to live. As for what to watch after that, I'm tempted by Maria Watches Over Us, Emma, Kids on the Slope, and Monster. (And Junjo Romantica. Don't judge me.) People keep pushing me towards Clannad as well, so that I can get around to watching Clannad After Story, which everyone seems to love to death. I also think I need to rewatch Death Note at some point. Haven't watched that since it first came out, and I think I'd like it better if I marathoned it over a week or two. So, hi! ^^

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #6,338 of 6,444
Quote:
Just finished watching the first 62 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin, and I think that's enough for me. Am I allowed to say that I was seriously unimpressed with it, or will I be drawn and quartered for doing so? Will post my full My Anime List review of it if anyone wants to give it a read...to sum it all up though--I basically feel like it didn't do anything that Trigun didn't do considerably better, and in much less time, to boot.

It's only an internet board; you're not getting drawn and quartered. Obviously you're watching after the fact, but both the manga and anime of Kenshin came out before the respective media of Trigun. In regards to the anime only the Kyoto arc is any good. The stuff before is okay, and the stuff after is outright bad. The Trust & Betrayal movie is great though!

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #6,339 of 6,444
So just finished watching the latest episode of Shingeki No Kyojin (episode 10).  This series just keeps getting that much more epic!  I pray against fillers as the pace of this show is just superb at the moment.

Update: Just saw the latest Oreimo S2 episode as well and as a Kirino and Kyousuke fan, I was pleased. :)

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #6,340 of 6,444
It's an internet board, that's what I'm afraid of. ^^

I actually thought the first 12 episodes or so of Kenshin were the best--the terribad soundtrack aside, lol. I know that the Kyoto Arc is a classic, but I was honestly really bored with it, and hated how it ended. The only thing I *really* liked about it was Shishio--I was so tempted to just start skipping the fights towards the end to get straight to him. I hear that Trust & Betrayal is great, but I'm skeptical about watching it, given how little the series did for me. Then again, my friend who got me to watch this loves the series but *hates* Trust & Betrayal (and don't even get her started on Reflection), and my tastes in anime tend to be the exact opposite of hers (the only anime we really agree on 100% is Princess Tutu)--so I might like it after all.

Yeah, knowing that Kenshin came first does make a few aspects of Trigun seem a little... not quite ripped off, but closeish? (What really struck me was how Vash resembles the sword-obsessed villain whose name I can't remember.) But I enjoy it so much more, so I can forgive it. :-D

Quote:

It's only an internet board; you're not getting drawn and quartered. Obviously you're watching after the fact, but both the manga and anime of Kenshin came out before the respective media of Trigun. In regards to the anime only the Kyoto arc is any good. The stuff before is okay, and the stuff after is outright bad. The Trust & Betrayal movie is great though!

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #6,341 of 6,444
Great Teacher Onizuka and FLCL were both suggested by a friend, don't think I would have found them otherwise. They were awesome. :grimacing:

I'm on episode 9, don't have premium.

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #6,342 of 6,444
Did you watch GTO in English or Japanese? I'm watching it in English and it's one of those 'it's so bad it's good' situations, and I'm a bit worried that if I tried it out in Japanese that it wouldn't be as fun, lol. Even the serious moments in the English dub are hilarious because of the ridiculous voices they pull together for some of these characters. I showed it to my brother and he called it 'the anime equivalent of Beavis and Butt-head.' Not sure that I agree at all, but I can almost kinda sorta see what he means.
Quote:
Great Teacher Onizuka and FLCL were both suggested by a friend, don't think I would have found them otherwise. They were awesome. :grimacing:

I'm on episode 9, don't have premium.

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #6,343 of 6,444
I watched it in English. Still need to get back to studying Japanese.

How are you watching it? DVD or streaming?
Have you seen Welcome to the NHK?

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #6,344 of 6,444
I've ::ahem:: obtained the files via certain methods in order to watch it. ^^

Good news though (if you're in North America), GTO has been recently licensed for distribution on DVD by Discotek I think, and it looks like it may be coming out later this year. So I'm pretty excited about that. 

I've watched a bit of NHK and thought it was awesome--I very much need to get back to it. I'm having one of those situations with that show where I think I probably love it but I keep having false starts on getting into it because I get distracted by something else. Same thing happened to me numerous times with Gurren Lagann. (Actually, I really hated the first six episodes or so of Gurren Lagann, but loved it after that. It took me forever and numerous restarts to get to the second half of that series, though.)

Does anyone here have a multi-region DVD player that they use and like? I've been thinking about getting one so that I could gobble up a few shows that don't seem likely to ever get a release or re-release here. (Grrrr, I need to have Paranoia Agent, Tatami Galaxy, and Kaiba on my self. And from everything that I've heard about Monster it sounds like that needs to go on my shelf too.)
Quote:
I watched it in English. Still need to get back to studying Japanese.

How are you watching it? DVD or streaming?
Have you seen Welcome to the NHK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back