Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Dec 6, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #5,627 of 6,444
tongue.gif

Aight, time to fire up the Stax for a K-ON! marathon. It's been too long.

Ugh, so much energy, I have to keep the volume at a sane level.....

That post reminded me of the fact that I need to download a K-ON soundtrack.
Right now μtorrent is busy with 8 gigs of K-ON soundtrack. Can't wait :D

I remember watching k-on.

I'm glad my annual summer anime thing is over with. 

I hear ya. After summer I only have time to watch whatever new episodes come out.
Watching an entire anime now would just be insane.

That is not to say an anime filled summer can't be fun.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #5,628 of 6,444

Quote:
You should go watch ZZ to complete that trilogy.

I started ZZ but got put off by the new characters. Read the plot summary to fill in the gaps to watch CCA instead.
I didn't think it was a huge loss.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #5,629 of 6,444

Quote:
I still can't find a camrip for the K-ON movie.

Never mind, for I have procured the relevant songs from my erstwhile and... orthodox sources, and will probably listen to them all day long on my incoming speaker rig. Not sure how well the HA-160D pairs with J-Pop, and what power amp to match it with though.

Here you go 2 more K-on songs you NEVER would have guessed they did.... I use my set to listen to Anime ALL the time along with the OSTs!    

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #5,630 of 6,444
Here you go 2 more K-on songs you NEVER would have guessed they did.... I use my set to listen to Anime ALL the time along with the OSTs!  

Thank you for that. I now gained the sudden urge to listen to Yes.
You sir have an awesome taste in music.

The top ling is broken btw. They should stop killing all the videos within a day, it's annoying me to the point I torrent complete collections of OST's.

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #5,631 of 6,444
Hummmm it works for me...
Let me try a slightly modified link of the top one! THIS MAY be better since a direct link and NOT a referred to link!
I am into Vocaloids too! I have Luka as well as Miku singing Yes, ELP and Pink Floyd. I'll say it before you, Yes I KNOW am different...

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #5,632 of 6,444

Quote:
I am into Vocaloids too! I have Luka as well as Miku singing Yes, ELP and Pink Floyd. I'll say it before you, Yes I KNOW am different...

<3 Luka.

Unless it's a song from or remixed by Oster Project, for whom I have an unreasonable dislike.

Watched the latest episode of Squid Girl last night.  Still one of my favorite anime for entertainment that doesn't require thought or emotional commitment.  Also watched the mini ika musume episodes from season 2 while I was getting dinner last night.  Happy fun times.

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #5,634 of 6,444
Mashiro 11...This one's too hard to explain. Watch it yourself, but I'll hint this much: it's a nice, slow paced yet extremely (well done) dramatic episode. Definitely earned its keep.
Reminds me of Shuffle! again...

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #5,635 of 6,444

Quote:
Just finished Char's Counterattack, completing the original Gundam trilogy (minus ZZ). Was grating at first with the dated animation but the story made up for it 10 fold.
Officially a UC convert.

0079 might be a little dated but I love it's style the movie trilogy is actually the TV series cutting down and adding some new stuff.
0079 is being completely remade it's going to be the next Gundam TV series I think it might be coming out next year.
Gundam the Origins based on the manga which went into greater detail of the whole thing and has more backstory.

Zeta has amazing animation better than 98% of today's stuff of EXTREME budget cuts of digital paint,massive still scenes, basically worse than Gainax 90's TV series Zeta is actually animation instead of a slide show.

ZZ also has good animation the story is a bit light and comedy at first but gets serious at episode 18.

My thoughts on ZZ
Nobody seems to get why ZZ is the way it is. The AEUG and Titans have destroyed each other you just going to start a whole new war that quickly? And if anyone actually watched anything by Tomino besides Gundam you would already know he does super serious series and then his next series will be a little light and bit of comedy and eventually become a serious later. Most people who hate ZZ probably never watched it past a few episodes and were expecting the same seriousness of Z. If they loved Z's serious style so much why don't they love Victory because it's the darkest Gundam series there is.
But ohh they hate Victory because it's too dark.

Char -really didn't have a budget of a movie but a OVA.

F-91 has a budget of a movie and has some amazing animation bits.

Victory -very good animation for a TV series way better than following series G,W,X.

0080,0083,08th MS  -nice OVAs

UC timeline Gundam is the best as whole but Turn a Gundam the original creator of Gundam and most of UC Gundam is a great series and is in my top 3 of all Gundam.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #5,636 of 6,444
I really enjoyed watching the animation quality improve while going through each series. It was very cool to see mobile suits from the original animated in later shows.

I started ZZ straight after finishing Zeta and the light heartedness of it was a bit odd for me. I guess I'll give ZZ another shot then when I have time.

I'll be honest here though, I only gave UC a chance once I watched the first episode of the Unicorn OVA. It gave me the impression that UC had an impressive backstory so I gave the original a shot (while I waited 6 months for each new episode).

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #5,637 of 6,444
I just finished downloading Kiddy Girl -And. I missed it back when it came out so that's my next series. I'll keep up with the new releases somehow :p

I know I'm going to be disappointed with it though, apparently it just wasn't a good sequel to Kiddy Grade, not even close from what many say. But I want to know happens next ==

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #5,638 of 6,444

Quote:
I really enjoyed watching the animation quality improve while going through each series. It was very cool to see mobile suits from the original animated in later shows.

I started ZZ straight after finishing Zeta and the light heartedness of it was a bit odd for me. I guess I'll give ZZ another shot then when I have time.

I'll be honest here though, I only gave UC a chance once I watched the first episode of the Unicorn OVA. It gave me the impression that UC had an impressive backstory so I gave the original a shot (while I waited 6 months for each new episode).

Yeah see you expected the same it's not Zeta 2 even though it's called ZZ it's the codename of the Gundam not the attitude or tone.
ZZ is a good series if given a chance.
So a break might be good.
I enjoy it's humor in some episodes/parts quite a bit and it does get serious later on but never quite Z serious.

UC Gundam I think is going to be the new focus again for Sunrise.
Sunrise is doing the Level 5 videogame company joint project right now with AGE.
But the next Gundam series is going to be Gundam Origins a remake more detailed,more fleshed out,backstory too of 0079.There doing Unicorn right now aftermath of Char's Counterattack.
Sunrise should also flesh out and animate the rest of F-91 era and then Crossbone manga lead up into Victory and they might with UC stuff getting made again.

Gundam's upcoming 35th Anniversary show should be done by Yoshiyuki Tomino he didn't get to do the 25th and 30th there was no 30th show.He wants to make one final Gundam series.
And they should let him look at Turn A Gundam that was great and the epilogue of Gundam it can be considered UC 10,000

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #5,640 of 6,444

I've never heard of it, not even sure if it's available on DVD in Australia for me to buy.  Might youtube it and see what I can find.  Keep meaning to buy Trigun, which I'm told has many similar elements to Trinity Blood.  Thanks for the recommend.

Dave

PS like your handle too - one of my fave charadters from Bleach!  Oops, my bad, got it confused!!!! it's not bleach!

Quote:

Have you watched Fortune Arterial? It's basically a significantly better done anime Twilight/school vampire show in quite a few people's opinions (I agree too on that). Interestingly enough, it's all at a Christian academy/boarding school/whatever you call those. Last place you'd expect anyways. Aside from being vampire based, it has a nice slow pace to things in my opinion. Well, barring one part of it. But that'd be spoiling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back