Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Dec 3, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #5,611 of 6,444

Quote:
Quote:

Which are you watching, original or english dub? It usually doesn't work, but the two dubs almost sound like the producers simply matched the seiyuu with equivalent sounding english speaking counterparts, and the effect actually worked. Master Asia's voice in both Japanese and English sounds very close to me -the layering/texture of sound of the voice being similar but tone a little higher. I wouldn't know how the casting crew found someone so capable. Domon's matches too, kind of in that way. I love both the English and Japanese dub :)

Ah, I've been watching it in original since I like hearing Domon being voiced by Seki Tomokazu.

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #5,612 of 6,444
Quote:
Ah, I've been watching it in original since I like hearing Domon being voiced by Seki Tomokazu.

I re-watched the series in Japanese just because of how epic Domon and Master Asia's character songs are, agreed 
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #5,613 of 6,444

Quote:

Not sure where you are located, but just so you know Aniplex is actually going to sell the BD set in the US similar to how they did KnK. http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/gnl5TWVtaRpbQZgZ-J/browse/item/93826/4/0/0 Might be cheaper than your order with Amazon Japan.

I like having box sets. I thought about getting KnK, and the thought crossed my mind to get F/Z, but in the end they're just too expensive. The F/Z set is only for the first half so you'll be out almost $750 for the whole series which is just crazy.

lol i am aware....I have that set pre ordered as well. At this point its just a waiting game to see whether or not it ends up cheaper, as of right now, its actually cheaper from amazon.co.jp, but who knows what'll happen to the yen by the time it comes out. And the Right Stuf version will have a translated booklet as well....

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #5,614 of 6,444
My favourite shows (in no particular order):

Tenjho tenge
Hellsing (original series, not the rehashed one which I dislike)
Trinity Blood
Bleach
Neon genesis Evangelion
Nightwalker: midnight detective

Yes, I like vampires, and yes, I like vampire based animes.  I've probably missed a few anime series, but I have a terrible memory.

Dave

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #5,615 of 6,444

Quote:
My favourite shows (in no particular order):

Tenjho tenge
Hellsing (original series, not the rehashed one which I dislike)
Trinity Blood
Bleach
Neon genesis Evangelion
Nightwalker: midnight detective

Yes, I like vampires, and yes, I like vampire based animes.  I've probably missed a few anime series, but I have a terrible memory.

Dave

Have you watched Fortune Arterial? It's basically a significantly better done anime Twilight/school vampire show in quite a few people's opinions (I agree too on that). Interestingly enough, it's all at a Christian academy/boarding school/whatever you call those. Last place you'd expect anyways. Aside from being vampire based, it has a nice slow pace to things in my opinion. Well, barring one part of it. But that'd be spoiling it.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #5,616 of 6,444
I still can't find a camrip for the K-ON movie.

Never mind, for I have procured the relevant songs from my erstwhile and... orthodox sources, and will probably listen to them all day long on my incoming speaker rig. Not sure how well the HA-160D pairs with J-Pop, and what power amp to match it with though.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #5,617 of 6,444
Quote:
I still can't find a camrip for the K-ON movie.

Never mind, for I have procured the relevant songs from my erstwhile and... orthodox sources, and will probably listen to them all day long on my incoming speaker rig. Not sure how well the HA-160D pairs with J-Pop, and what power amp to match it with though.

J-pop can be pretty bright for sure, but most J-pop is fine. That said, listening to the main k-on songs (Don't Say Lazy, Fuwafuwa Time, Tsubasa wo Kudasai) on my K271 is treacherous at high volumes. I wonder what a recording that bright would sound like on the K701?

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #5,618 of 6,444
Just finished Char's Counterattack, completing the original Gundam trilogy (minus ZZ). Was grating at first with the dated animation but the story made up for it 10 fold.
Officially a UC convert.

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #5,619 of 6,444

Quote:
lol i am aware....I have that set pre ordered as well. At this point its just a waiting game to see whether or not it ends up cheaper, as of right now, its actually cheaper from amazon.co.jp, but who knows what'll happen to the yen by the time it comes out. And the Right Stuf version will have a translated booklet as well....

Haha...now that's commitment.  I just figure I'll order through the US Domestic source to try to prop up sales here as much as I can.  Same reason I switched from mostly watching fansubs and going with streaming nowadays.

At least I know I'm not alone in preordering F/Z.  ^_^

Quote:
Quote:

J-pop can be pretty bright for sure, but most J-pop is fine. That said, listening to the main k-on songs (Don't Say Lazy, Fuwafuwa Time, Tsubasa wo Kudasai) on my K271 is treacherous at high volumes. I wonder what a recording that bright would sound like on the K701?

LOL.  I use "Utauyo!!! MIRACLE" sometimes as a test track to see if a rig will kill my ears.  That and "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" from Bakemonogatari.  The latter has an upper range piano run that about made me scream in pain at a meet while trying to listen to it on a Luxman with T1.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #5,620 of 6,444
Oh, and the movie ED is a hell lot better recorded than prior HTT stuff. Or at least, this album has marginally more dynamics. I love the solo. Sounds like a cross between Dragonforce and Iron Maiden.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #5,621 of 6,444
Quote:
LOL.  I use "Utauyo!!! MIRACLE" sometimes as a test track to see if a rig will kill my ears.  That and "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" from Bakemonogatari.  The latter has an upper range piano run that about made me scream in pain at a meet while trying to listen to it on a Luxman with T1.

Holy hell is it really that bright? That's one of my favourite tracks and it sounds pretty good on my rig. But I remember listening to it on the AD700's, *shudder*.

Finally caught up on Gundam Unicorn the other day, it was alright, I can't wait for the final 2.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #5,622 of 6,444

Quote:
Holy hell is it really that bright? That's one of my favourite tracks and it sounds pretty good on my rig. But I remember listening to it on the AD700's, *shudder*.

Finally caught up on Gundam Unicorn the other day, it was alright, I can't wait for the final 2.

Oh try this then: Any K-ON! track as your morning alarm, played through only somewhat neutral sounding IEMs-with a treble boost that I usually toss in. Instantly jolts me awake in the mornings.
eek.gif
It's like trying to listen to Kirby with a mic in Kirby Air Ride-you take damage.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #5,623 of 6,444

Quote:

Through that particular rig and to me, yeah, it was to the point I couldn't listen to it.  So what did I do?  I rewound the track back to that point to see if it wasn't just some random occurrence.  It was pretty hard to listen to even with my pair of LCD-2's, which are of the "dark and creamy" variety from the original production runs.  That being said, I tend to be sensitive to what I consider "brightness" in the upper register, and can't really listen to HD800's for very long.  I can imagine it would be pretty good through a Stax rig.  If you're familiar with the song, you probably know the piano run I'm talking about.  I think it's in the bridge section and is a high to low run.  To be fair, I was also listening to the same track through a RWA Isabellina and a Stacker II.  :p

As for Gundam...I keep meaning to eventually watch more than the handful of Wing episodes I've seen, but it's pretty far back in the queue.

I'm up to date on watching Squid Girl S2, however.  Yeah...my anime watching (outside of Last Exile) has still been mostly light stuff.  My excuse before was the stress of buying a condo and moving, but now I think it's mostly just so I don't have to think too much while I'm watching stuff.  lol

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #5,624 of 6,444
Quote:
Oh try this then: Any K-ON! track as your morning alarm, played through only somewhat neutral sounding IEMs-with a treble boost that I usually toss in. Instantly jolts me awake in the mornings.
eek.gif
It's like trying to listen to Kirby with a mic in Kirby Air Ride-you take damage.

tongue.gif

Aight, time to fire up the Stax for a K-ON! marathon. It's been too long.

Ugh, so much energy, I have to keep the volume at a sane level.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back