Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Dec 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #5,581 of 6,444
Quote:
The last two IM@S eps are simply awesome. Even though the whole series is no where as epic, but these two eps are so well executed and built up nicely, it really worth checking it out.

Do I need to have watched the start to be able to understand the last few eps? I wanted to bang my head on the table from watching the first episode, wasn't my cup of tea.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #5,582 of 6,444

Quote:
... I wanted to bang my head on the table from watching the first episode, wasn't my cup of tea.

c858017a_1272329653055.jpg

And I watched the first two.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #5,584 of 6,444

Quote:
Do I need to have watched the start to be able to understand the last few eps? I wanted to bang my head on the table from watching the first episode, wasn't my cup of tea.

no, it is unnecessary IMO. episodes 1 to 13 is exactly what the plot summary says - a bunch of girls who dream of becoming big successful idols. they show little glimpses of each girls personality until you hit episode 14, and that is when they make their first major debut into the japanese entertainment industry. that is when drama from another agency starts and then the episodes from there is about the said agency trying to make a bad publicity out of them while having some episodes dedicated to a single girl idol.

to tell the truth, this anime adaptation is more for the people who played the games and to also draw more people into the idolm@ster franchise. if you want to find out why some of them want to become an idol or have more specific details about their background, then you need to go to wikipedia or play the games yourself.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #5,586 of 6,444
Quote:

+2
I gave it 3 episodes.

Hello guys. Long time reader first time poster.

At the moment I'm following Fate/Zero and it's probably the most compelling series yet, after just the trailer and first episode.

One of the best this season! You should give Fate/Stay Night a try if you haven't already.

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #5,587 of 6,444

Quote:
to tell the truth, this anime adaptation is more for the people who played the games and to also draw more people into the idolm@ster franchise...

More Pokémon?  XD

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #5,592 of 6,444
Great series IMO, totally worth your time.

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #5,593 of 6,444
Is it much different from the original?

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #5,594 of 6,444
Is it much different from the original?

At the first 15 episodes or so the storyline is exactly the same, although it is a bit condensed in Brotherhood. Later on the story starts to deviate a lot from the original. Saying anything more than that could be spoiling.

IMO Brotherhood is a lot better than the original.

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #5,595 of 6,444
So far the only anime's I've seen through to completion are Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood and the other one).

Any that I might like specifically based off those two? I realize they are possibly the most overrated animes ever but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back