Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 24, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #5,431 of 6,444

Quote:
I tend to disagree. I know way more female anime fans then male fans.

would wife? 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #5,432 of 6,444
Far more male fans here, I'm often concerned about some.. But I am from conservative Utah. Women tend to be more womanly here

Kanada (=D would have more female fans. =/ It's Canada!
And as usual that means I don't know weather to be impressed or face slap. =/

I just torrent whore what seems to be the good stuff... Perhaps I'll get around to watching the current 2tb anime... Someday. Have'nt watched anything for quite a while.

(other than My Little Pony..!) Does this make me a traitor?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #5,433 of 6,444

Quote:
Far more male fans here, I'm often concerned about some.. But I am from conservative Utah. Women tend to be more womanly here

Kanada (=D would have more female fans. =/ It's Canada!
And as usual that means I don't know weather to be impressed or face slap. =/

I just torrent whore what seems to be the good stuff... Perhaps I'll get around to watching the current 2tb anime... Someday. Have'nt watched anything for quite a while.

(other than My Little Pony..!) Does this make me a traitor?
rolleyes.gif

Can i ask you what you mean by this? Canada and the usa are more similar then different.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #5,434 of 6,444
Canada and the USA are similar to the point of everyone living on the same continent and having somewhat similar culture due to proximity. I've spent a fair amount of time in the states and it's rather easy to pick up the differences in people and towns/cities. Plus the government and majority of people's views are completely different. Just using the current Republican race as an example, if any of the candidates came to Canada to run for PM, they'd fail miserably. Though high-school kids, probably mostly similar.

I'd also say, at least in my experiences, that the rather large majority of anime fans are males. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #5,436 of 6,444
Anime is more boy popular in Japan.
But anime isn't really popular in Japan.
Hardly anyone watches it enough people watch it for it to exist but that's it.
The viewership is so low most stuff is aired in the middle of the night 12:00am -4:00 am or early in the morning 6:00-11:00 am or late afternoon 4pm 5pm.

Studio Ghibli movies are about the only really widespread watched anime.

For the most part anime is watched by children and teens.
But there are some adult fans and hardcore adult fans

But the only anime really watched by a lot are the ones the family watches/wants to watch like Sazae San,Maruko Chan,Crayon Shin Chan,Doraemon,Detective Conan and some of the only ones actually still aired at a primetime evening timeslot.

The days of popular high tv ratings anime like Dr Slump,Dragon Ball,Urusei Yatsura,Touch,High School Kimen Gumi,Lupin III TV series,Gegege no Kitaro,Ash ita no Joe,Kinnikuman, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo (although it will probably get a 2nd TV series someday) are long gone.

Now manga is very popular and if your Japanese why even bother with anime when you have better material,better series,huge variety, and you don't have to even bother with the possible very bad adaption of the series and you also get to enjoy plenty of greats that will never be animated.
And you also have actual adult series geared towards adults with adult characters instead of 12 yr old heroes.

Back to the topic of boy fans and girl fans. Does it really matter? I would say there is more girl fans of this medium than you would ever see for something like Star Wars or Star Trek just like Twilight is mostly girl fans.

With manga there is a lot of shojo and josei manga in anime the amount of shojo/josei stuff animated is very low.
If you look at sales shonen and seinen series sell way more.
So there is lots of fans of both genders.
But it isn't strictly this a boy thing or this is girl thing. Although more girls are going to like Shonen and Seinen stuff more than boys are going to like Shojo/Josei.
And some manga series which were geared towards boys and would seem more liked by boys actually had more girl fans such as City Hunter and Ranma 1/2 in Japan.

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #5,437 of 6,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibutenma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The days of popular high tv ratings anime like Dr Slump,Dragon Ball,Urusei Yatsura,Touch,High School Kimen Gumi,Lupin III TV series,Gegege no Kitaro,Ash ita no Joe,Kinnikuman, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo (although it will probably get a 2nd TV series someday) are long gone.

Now manga is very popular and if your Japanese why even bother with anime when you have better material,better series,huge variety, and you don't have to even bother with the possible very bad adaption of the series and you also get to enjoy plenty of greats that will never be animated.
And you also have actual adult series geared towards adults with adult characters instead of 12 yr old heroes.

その言い方、その口ぶり...まっ、あんたは過ぎたものに囚われ続けりゃいいんだよ
こっちとしては漫画の方こそ物足りないわ、何か中途半端って感じだし、ライノベならまた別の話だけど..

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #5,438 of 6,444

Quote:
その言い方、その口ぶり...まっ、あんたは過ぎたものに囚われ続けりゃいいんだよ
こっちとしては漫画の方こそ物足りないわ、何か中途半端って感じだし、ライノベならまた別の話だけど..

"Words, the way someone says it ... wait, I'm Antalya things too caught 続Kerya

Koch is what I was unsatisfactory as a cartoon, and what I feel What half, but it's another story .. if Rainobe" ...

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #5,439 of 6,444
== I was actually replying to the post above that post..
ph34r.gif

Quote:
"Words, the way someone says it ... wait, I'm Antalya things too caught 続Kerya

Koch is what I was unsatisfactory as a cartoon, and what I feel What half, but it's another story .. if Rainobe" ...

I'd just scroll down without a second thought.. post slightly edited..

Quote:
Keep the board in English please. How would you feel if I suddenly started ranting in Dutch? Niet zo leuk, toch?
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #5,442 of 6,444

Quote:
Anime is more boy popular in Japan.
But anime isn't really popular in Japan.
Hardly anyone watches it enough people watch it for it to exist but that's it.
The viewership is so low most stuff is aired in the middle of the night 12:00am -4:00 am or early in the morning 6:00-11:00 am or late afternoon 4pm 5pm.

Studio Ghibli movies are about the only really widespread watched anime.

For the most part anime is watched by children and teens.
But there are some adult fans and hardcore adult fans

But the only anime really watched by a lot are the ones the family watches/wants to watch like Sazae San,Maruko Chan,Crayon Shin Chan,Doraemon,Detective Conan and some of the only ones actually still aired at a primetime evening timeslot.

That explains all sorts of things.

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #5,443 of 6,444
That's pretty interesting. Doesn't really surprise me though, the cultural norms aren't that different from Korea.

Besides that, I'm really liking this anime season. Watching:
Fate/Zero
Guilty Crown
Shana III
Persona 4
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Mashiroiro Symphony

Not really a hobby I like to let others know of. Don't ask, don't tell. 
rolleyes.gif

How do you guys like to watch shows? Watch weekly (following numerous shows at a time) or marathon them after they're finished airing?

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #5,444 of 6,444

Quote:
That's pretty interesting. Doesn't really surprise me though, the cultural norms aren't that different from Korea.

Besides that, I'm really liking this anime season. Watching:
Fate/Zero
Guilty Crown
Shana III
Persona 4
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Mashiroiro Symphony

Not really a hobby I like to let others know of. Don't ask, don't tell. 
rolleyes.gif

How do you guys like to watch shows? Watch weekly (following numerous shows at a time) or mareathon them after they're finished airing?

If i am following a show i let a few weeks of episodes pass then i watch a marathon of 3 or 4 episodes.

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #5,445 of 6,444
^ I swore I spelt 'marathon' right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back