Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 7, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #4,951 of 6,444
Anyone here watch the less approved (usually) Angel Beats? I think their band, GirlDeMo is actually pretty catchy with their songs. Not appreciating the obvious shipping at the end, since I never was a fan of shipping either. I'll admit, it does follow the story line and was sorta expected.

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #4,952 of 6,444

Quote:
Anyone here watch the less approved (usually) Angel Beats? I think their band, GirlDeMo is actually pretty catchy with their songs. Not appreciating the obvious shipping at the end, since I never was a fan of shipping either. I'll admit, it does follow the story line and was sorta expected.

how is angel beats "less approved"?? it was one of the better shows on last year i thought. loved it. bought the sentai BD's

Sep 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #4,953 of 6,444
Too much Haruhi ripoff for some, apparently. I liked it for all the action and story. Some...Didn't
heh.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #4,954 of 6,444
Yes, angel beats was one of the better ones last year...

Here one I don't think you've ever seen. Utawarerunmono easily my favorite opening.. While there are many great OP and ED, this one is a league above the rest imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeE4xzXxEDs

Enjoy art.

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #4,955 of 6,444
In blueray and FLAC it is stunning THORA has it online, however I think the seeders are slim pickings. I'll seed it if anybody would like to see this bloody fantastic anime.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #4,956 of 6,444
Reminds me of Princess Mononoke. Actually, how do you even say it...I've never been sure of how it's pronounced.
Still gives me creeps in the end somehow, but at least it has a happy ending.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #4,957 of 6,444

Quote:
Reminds me of Princess Mononoke. Actually, how do you even say it...I've never been sure of how it's pronounced.
Still gives me creeps in the end somehow, but at least it has a happy ending.

Ah good 'ol Princess Mononoke. I think it's pronounced Moe-no-no-kay since vowels are pronounced the same in Japanese as they are in Spanish.
A: ah as in open wide "aaaaaah"
E: ay as in bay
I: ee as in see
O: oh as in "oh really?"
U: oo as in "oops"

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #4,958 of 6,444
this season has really seen a reversal of my favorite shows now that were getting to the end. Kamisama Dolls has turned out to be pretty amazing and Mawaru Penguindrum is probably the best new show. Though my opinion of Usagi Drop being freaking amazing hasnt changed since the beginning.

i do still think that Hanasaku Iroha is the best thing airing right now though :D loving my BD imports, the art boxes are gorgeous!

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #4,960 of 6,444

Quote:
I really do have to check out Usagi Drop and Hanasaku Iroha.  Both of those are getting great feedback.

hanasaku iroha is easily my anime of the year, well barring the godly fall season coming up. and usagi drop is very good, but its almost over, next week is the finale!

the fact that im spending a little over 700 to import Hanasaku Iroha BD's should show how much i like it 
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #4,962 of 6,444
Usagi Drop is amazing for its presentation. It can cover some pretty tough subjects in regards to parenting and it does it in such a subtle way that it leaves it to the viewer to decide what they think and feel about it. Doesn't come off as being overly dramatic or anything. We'll see how the ending of the anime is though since it only covers a part of the manga.

Hanasaku Iroha I enjoy, but I think of it as only entertainment and not much else. I was hoping to get something a little different, but it stayed pretty light-hearted for the most part.

Steins;Gate has really impressed me with its second half. Can't wait for the last episode to see if it all comes together.

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #4,964 of 6,444

Quote:
I'm about to start  with Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood. if its as good as the first FMA, I'd be happy. has anyone seen it?

i think its better in pretty much every way. You may feel that the first 8 or so episodes are rushed, cuase i guess they are when compared to the original, but when looked at on its own, there really isnt anything wrong with the pacing.

Ive got all the BD's of that one from Funi :D

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #4,965 of 6,444

Quote:
Usagi Drop is amazing for its presentation. It can cover some pretty tough subjects in regards to parenting and it does it in such a subtle way that it leaves it to the viewer to decide what they think and feel about it. Doesn't come off as being overly dramatic or anything. We'll see how the ending of the anime is though since it only covers a part of the manga.

Hanasaku Iroha I enjoy, but I think of it as only entertainment and not much else. I was hoping to get something a little different, but it stayed pretty light-hearted for the most part.

Steins;Gate has really impressed me with its second half. Can't wait for the last episode to see if it all comes together.

light hearted? i know a bit of it is, heck maybe even like half of it, but the first episode is brilliant. and the then the last 4-5 from the first half, and the last 6 of the show are all pretty intense, at least i think so. and its not as forced as something like Ano Hana, not that i didnt like Ano Hana, i liked it very much as well....even considering importing it too right now :/ im gonna go broke lol

Edit: dangit, i always forget to use the multiquote button....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back