Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #4,906 of 6,444
So i finally finished the Crest/Banner of the Stars series. and wow, that was good. I felt like Banners II wasnt as good for any sort of over arching stroy, but for character development it was important. but after watching banners III i dont really think that was necessary at all...still nice to watch though i guess. but we still dont get any real closure(hence why i dont get why it was made, it just feels kind of tacked onto the end for no good reason...) Overall though i loved the series, i thought it was very well done.

Sep 5, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #4,907 of 6,444

Quote:
Just had to post this little gem from a show I was watching...This opening instantly became the best opening for an anime, ever. Sora iro days has been out-epic'd.

lol i remember when i first started ep05, when gg stole this from that guy on youtube...i was laughing my ass off, but then when i started ep06 and it wasnt there anymore, i was a sad panda :frowning2:

Sep 5, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #4,908 of 6,444

Quote:
Just had to post this little gem from a show I was watching...This opening instantly became the best opening for an anime, ever. Sora iro days has been out-epic'd.

Is this for real?

Quote:
Nice opening, but I think the last opening I really went "whoa" was Texhnoylze, and it might have to do with my taste in music and animation style.  Granted, a bunch of that reaction was "holy <insert expletive string>!!!  it's Juno Reactor!"

Watching Texhnolyze right now. =) Seems much better than what I initially thought it would be.

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #4,911 of 6,444

Quote:
Is this for real?

Watching Texhnolyze right now. =) Seems much better than what I initially thought it would be.

It was a troll dub from the sub group gg in episode 5 for Sacred Seven. It made quite a few people laugh. lol

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #4,915 of 6,444
In my opinion watching the opening and ending every time really adds to the experience of the show. I become more excited every time I see the opening and ending, and it gives of this epic feeling at the final episodes.
Another advantage of always watching the opening and endings is that you'll be able to recall the feelings associated with the anime whenever you hear the opening/ending. For example hearing the intro of Clannad makes feel the sadness and joy I have associated with Clannad (especially the After Story).

However if they are terrible, such as the opening of Kanon, then I just skip them out of annoyance.

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #4,916 of 6,444
yeah im pretty much the opposite, unless the OP and ED are freaking amazing, i watch them the first time, and then skip them every time after that. im all for cutting 3 minutes off the length of my shows :D 

though recently it hasnt been so cut and dry, shows like Ano Hana blurred the lines between OP/ED and show...theres not realy any easy way to skip them, but again, that was a show with amazing OP/ED music so i didnt really care

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #4,917 of 6,444

Quote:
In my opinion watching the opening and ending every time really adds to the experience of the show. I become more excited every time I see the opening and ending, and it gives of this epic feeling at the final episodes.
Another advantage of always watching the opening and endings is that you'll be able to recall the feelings associated with the anime whenever you hear the opening/ending. For example hearing the intro of Clannad makes feel the sadness and joy I have associated with Clannad (especially the After Story).

However if they are terrible, such as the opening of Kanon, then I just skip them out of annoyance.

I tend to skip all openings and endings unless they are amazing. ( I tend to watch the opening for black lagoon or deathnote because I like the music)

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #4,919 of 6,444
im the same as u are but lately ive been more like Tilpo lately (except i let the OP run in the background while surfing on head-fi XD) unrelated but i find both toradora and spice and wolf's OP epic :p

Quote:
yeah im pretty much the opposite, unless the OP and ED are freaking amazing, i watch them the first time, and then skip them every time after that. im all for cutting 3 minutes off the length of my shows :D 

though recently it hasnt been so cut and dry, shows like Ano Hana blurred the lines between OP/ED and show...theres not realy any easy way to skip them, but again, that was a show with amazing OP/ED music so i didnt really care

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #4,920 of 6,444
im the same as u are but lately ive been more like Tilpo lately (except i let the OP run in the background while surfing on head-fi XD) unrelated but i find both toradora and spice and wolf's OP epic :p

I lurk head-fi too during the openings and endings, or I at least fold origami cranes. (done hundreds of cranes this way)
But at least I do watch them.

I don't do this if they are exceptionally good. Examples: ToraDora!, Clannad, Ano Hana and Cowboy Bebop.
In that case I watch them every single time, with great joy.

I have the following anime downloaded by the way:
- Ergo Proxy
- Texnolyze
- Spice and Wolf
- Chobits

Which one should I watch first? I shall do whatever the first person says. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back