Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jul 29, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #4,696 of 6,444

Quote:
I think angel beats is somewhat similar to magical girl madoka but betters it, primarily due to the awesome soundtrack :)

and ELFEN LIED. best. anime. ever.

period.

(judge me :wink:

100% agree.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #4,697 of 6,444

Quote:
I think angel beats is somewhat similar to magical girl madoka but betters it, primarily due to the awesome soundtrack :)

Not judging, but what? You'll have to explain how you see them as similar cause that's quite a stretch to me.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #4,701 of 6,444
Well, the stories did not really correspond, but I thought the pace did and I felt a connection between the two. I'll have to get back to you on this one. Maybe they're not similar, and it's just me.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #4,704 of 6,444

Quote:

Not judging, but what? You'll have to explain how you see them as similar cause that's quite a stretch to me.

Maybe it's because they were both short 14ish episode animes that were generally amusing but not too deep?  Both of them sort of relied on "twists" to keep the plot interesting too, and there weren't any real bad guys.  I personally liked Angel Beats better, it's my favorite anime as of now.  Madoka was really fun to watch but it's pretty shallow and not the kind of show that stays on your mind for a while after you finish it. 
Oh, and I just found a vending machine today that was selling little Magical Girl Madoka Kechains =)  I got a Madoka and a Sayaka but I want an Akemi, I'll need to go back and get some more sometime.

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #4,705 of 6,444

Quote:
All i have to say is that IRC didnt lie to me. If you havent seen ToraDora...go watch it now

<3 ToraDora

I definitely liked that show too.  Turned out much deeper and more rewarding than I would have initially thought.  Up there as one I could easily recommend in the romantic comedy slice-of-life genre.

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #4,706 of 6,444

Quote:
I definitely liked that show too.  Turned out much deeper and more rewarding than I would have initially thought.  Up there as one I could easily recommend in the romantic comedy slice-of-life genre.

oh definitely, im not usually a big fan of the whole highschool drama thing. i even hated Clannad much to the dismay of weaboos every where. but i really like ToraDora. Even though i knew exactly where it was going after the first ep, it was a lot of fun watching how it got there.

EDIT: Oh and i think im gonna start watching Banner/Crest of the Stars next :D

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #4,707 of 6,444
Ahhh...Crest and Banner of the Stars...another one of my faves.  It has it's share of tropes, to be sure, like the rather underwhelming and mediocre strength main male protagonist, but at least he really did have some strengths and usually didn't make me want to beat my head against the wall.  The entire take on space combat and how the writer dealt with the massive scale of space combat is interesting in itself too.

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #4,708 of 6,444
Maybe it's because they were both short 14ish episode animes that were generally amusing but not too deep?  Both of them sort of relied on "twists" to keep the plot interesting too, and there weren't any real bad guys.  I personally liked Angel Beats better, it's my favorite anime as of now.  Madoka was really fun to watch but it's pretty shallow and not the kind of show that stays on your mind for a while after you finish it. 
Oh, and I just found a vending machine today that was selling little Magical Girl Madoka Kechains =)  I got a Madoka and a Sayaka but I want an Akemi, I'll need to go back and get some more sometime.

thank you for describing what I could not :)

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #4,710 of 6,444

Users who are viewing this thread

Back