Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jun 10, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #4,381 of 6,444

Quote:
This month's anime

Haibane Renmei
Every ghibli movie 
Serial Experiments Lain
Mushishi 
FLCL 
Cowboy Bebop

rewatching all of these.

I've seen all of those but every single Ghibli movie (a few I haven't watched so far...) and Serial Experiments Lain.  Actually never heard of that one.

But all the rest are amazing.  Haibane Renmei is one of my favourites, as is Mushi-shi (as my avatar clearly illustrates. :p)  FLCL and Cowboy Bebop were pretty damn awesome too.  Don't think I've seen the movie for that one yet though...

Jun 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #4,382 of 6,444

Quote:

I've seen all of those but every single Ghibli movie (a few I haven't watched so far...) and Serial Experiments Lain.  Actually never heard of that one.

But all the rest are amazing.  Haibane Renmei is one of my favourites, as is Mushi-shi (as my avatar clearly illustrates. :p)  FLCL and Cowboy Bebop were pretty damn awesome too.  Don't think I've seen the movie for that one yet though...

You would like Serial Experiments Lain

Jun 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #4,383 of 6,444
In workshops from 6:30 to 10:30 every weeknight, so watching stuff is a little on hold.  Finishing off Pandora Hearts, though...finally.  I like it, but I think the pacing is a little off and the writing has some rough spots.  Good ideas and nice visuals.

Jun 11, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #4,384 of 6,444
i am surprised how popular anime is on these forums. what is the chance of this happening?

anyways on topic i found out that spice and wolf season 2 english dub is to be released in august. i seriously cannot wait.

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #4,385 of 6,444
Quote:
In workshops from 6:30 to 10:30 every weeknight, so watching stuff is a little on hold.  Finishing off Pandora Hearts, though...finally.  I like it, but I think the pacing is a little off and the writing has some rough spots.  Good ideas and nice visuals.

Completly agree. Spotty writing and pacing but I'm used to that. Love the OP-ED, another geat Fiction Junction song.

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #4,386 of 6,444

Quote:
This month's anime

Haibane Renmei
Every ghibli movie
Serial Experiments Lain
Mushishi 
FLCL 
Cowboy Bebop

rewatching all of these.

studio ghibli!! :)

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #4,387 of 6,444
i loved season 2 of spice and wolf, in english subs. it'd be great if they make a season 3 - the ending just wasn't satisfying enough xD

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #4,388 of 6,444

Quote:
i am surprised how popular anime is on these forums. what is the chance of this happening?

anyways on topic i found out that spice and wolf season 2 english dub is to be released in august. i seriously cannot wait.

My geekdom crosses many borders.  I also have a degree in theater if you want to talk about Shakespeare. 
wink_face.gif

I still honestly haven't seen Spice and Wolf, and it's on the list of stuff I really should watch one of these days.  Dubs don't do anything for me, personally, but if it can widen the audience and get more good stuff out there, more power to them!

Quote:
Completly agree. Spotty writing and pacing but I'm used to that. Love the OP-ED, another geat Fiction Junction song.

Yeah...it's just...I dunno...like they meant to have all this build up and tension, but some of the twists are totally cliche and some are not.  Then they have a fan service "fun" episode, but for me never really built the emotional capital to warrant it. Cool ideas, but it's like they never really nailed what their audience should be.  Maybe the last few episode will save it for me...not sure.

Jun 11, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #4,389 of 6,444

Quote:
i loved season 2 of spice and wolf, in english subs. it'd be great if they make a season 3 - the ending just wasn't satisfying enough xD

Spice and Wolf is definitely on my list however every time I start up on it I get maybe seven episodes in and something comes up where I am unable to come back to it for a couple months and start all over again. sigh.

I just started rewatching Chrome Shelled Regios, really good kinda post apocalyptic - fantasy series.

When it comes to subs vs dubs I usually prefer subs but it mainly has to do with whether I hear the voices in Japanese or English first. I usually stick with which ever I begin the series with with only a few exceptions due to god awful voice acting.  

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #4,390 of 6,444

Quote:

Spice and Wolf is definitely on my list however every time I start up on it I get maybe seven episodes in and something comes up where I am unable to come back to it for a couple months and start all over again. sigh.

I just started rewatching Chrome Shelled Regios, really good kinda post apocalyptic - fantasy series.

When it comes to subs vs dubs I usually prefer subs but it mainly has to do with whether I hear the voices in Japanese or English first. I usually stick with which ever I begin the series with with only a few exceptions due to god awful voice acting.  

Oh yes, it's definitely one of those series that you just have to finish. I remember not being able to stop watching after a few, because the end of each episode is nearly always a cliffhanger. ooh, I've never head of Chrome Shelled Regios, but fantasy and post apocalyptic sound pretty up my alley. will give it a go once exams are finished =)

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #4,391 of 6,444
Spice and Wolf.. heh. Renaissance time economics 101.

Fave this season again is Ano Hana. Curious if they get the whole story done in satisfying fashion in 11 eps.

Jun 11, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #4,392 of 6,444

Quote:
Spice and Wolf.. heh. Renaissance time economics 101.

Fave this season again is Ano Hana. Curious if they get the whole story done in satisfying fashion in 11 eps.

that is one of my many reasons for loving it.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #4,395 of 6,444
Quote:
Just don't marathon it all in one night, like I did.  I don't remember much by the end except I was a drooly mess from too much visual craziness.

LOL...know exactly what your talking about. Your right; FLCL should be broken down when watched and it shouldn't be watched in english. Too awkward. And don't bother buying the CD's if you want the ost like I did. Total waste of money. Just buy real Pillows albums if you want to support them and dl the osts. The dynamic compression is horrible. -yes I know I already said this but I cant emphasize this point enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back