Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 29, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #4,037 of 6,444

Quote:
Other than the writings on the wall, I don't see the Faust parallels. Faust is accomplished, bored, and cynical at the time he summons Mephistopheles and forms a contract with full knowledge of what the contract entails. That's hardly the situation in Madoka.

Rather, Kyubey's actions and motivations seem to be more in line with your run of the mill military recruiter. Fighting a war requires an army and armies need soldiers. That's where the recruiter comes in. They're there to provide encouragement, show off the inducements, and bring up (but play down) the possible costs in an effort to get recruits to sign that contract. Sure it'd be nice if the recruits knew exactly what they were signing, but wars have a tendency to turn warm soldiers into cold bodies and those soldiers need to be replaced.

Course, it's Shaft and I wouldn't be surprised if Kyubey does something explicitly evil next episode.

Faust parallels?  lol

So blondie's death brought an image to mind.  When Palpatine gave up Dooku in order to acquire Anakin.  In this case Kyubey exchanged the old "apprentice" for a couple of younger girls that will probably have more potential or something (especially Madoka).

I need to watch the latest episode.

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #4,038 of 6,444

Quote:
Quote:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica just got interesting.

I liked the first episode, but I've heard (and seen) that it took a rather grim twist, making me drop it.

I just like happy, feel-good series.
redface.gif

you gotta get it for me lol.

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #4,040 of 6,444
Finally got around to finishing up Ghost in the Shell S.A.C 2nd Gig.  Thinking I'll finally get around to watching Claymore or Macross Frontier next.

I'm finding that I tend to collect more than I tend to watch.  Most of the fansubs I get I just store up until I get an urge to watch it.

Quote:
Quote:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica just got interesting.

I liked the first episode, but I've heard (and seen) that it took a rather grim twist, making me drop it.

I just like happy, feel-good series.
redface.gif

Happy, feel-good, huh?  Does horrifically cute anime make you scream, or are you okay with the cavity-causing sweetness?  If you you're ok with the needlessly cute and haven't seen it, Sugar; A Little Snow Fairy was a very surprising series for me.  It almost gave me saccharine headaches, but I thought it was actually quite well done.

Jan 30, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #4,041 of 6,444
Holy crap, that does look sugary.
eek.gif

I might have to look into that.

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #4,043 of 6,444

Quote:
Anyone watching Kore wa Zombie? Had a look at the pages since it has started airing, but no one has mentioned it thus far.

It's a pretty fun watch with good humor. The MC is a total boss too.

Dropped it when I realised that an arcane using necromancer was wearing a breast plate.

Not really, though. I'm not even sure if that show is the one with the Necromancer.

I've dropped most shows. I'm only watching Fractale and Wandering Son now. Hoping Fractale keeps building up the way it is. Wandering Son is just still so lovely.

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #4,044 of 6,444

Quote:
Holy crap, that does look sugary.
eek.gif

I might have to look into that.

It's actually suprisingly good.  When my sister was visiting one holiday season, she borrowed it from a friend and was watching it at my place.  At first, I thought I'd get toothaches from it, but I eventually ended up sitting down and watching it to the end.  While it tends to fall into the pattern of "let's see what trouble the character can get in this episode", the characters grew on me and the last few episodes were quite good in a totally different way.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #4,045 of 6,444
The only ones I'm following this season are Fractale, Gosick, and Level E.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #4,046 of 6,444
Am I the only one who liked paranoia agent? 

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #4,049 of 6,444
saw the show*all of it* once on AdultSwim back when it was cool....never saw it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back