Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 5, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #3,991 of 6,444

Quote:
Five Leaves bored me to death. It was airing concurrently with Tatami Galaxy, which blew everything that season away.

Yuasa always makes the best anime that season. Always (and Tatami Galaxy is totally hist worst).

Quote:
I loved Kuragehime even though the ending was a little lackluster, but that's mainly because it wasn't supposed to be conclusive and left an opening for a potential second season. A noitaminA show getting a second season? Stranger things have happened.

H&C had a second season.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #3,992 of 6,444

Quote:
Quote:
Five Leaves bored me to death. It was airing concurrently with Tatami Galaxy, which blew everything that season away.

Yuasa always makes the best anime that season. Always (and Tatami Galaxy is totally hist worst).

Quote:
I loved Kuragehime even though the ending was a little lackluster, but that's mainly because it wasn't supposed to be conclusive and left an opening for a potential second season. A noitaminA show getting a second season? Stranger things have happened.

H&C had a second season.

Difference in opinion, I guess, because I definitely like Tatami Galaxy more than Kemonozume, mostly because I love TG's art style, but also because I thought the story for Kemonozume wasn't all that strong near the end.

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #3,993 of 6,444
so i went home for 2 weeks, but while i was there i managed to watch a couple OVA's, black rock shooter was a total waste of time, and voices of a distant star didnt really do anything for me either, i need to pick a new real series to start pretty soon, maybe once i get through some of my blu ray back log...

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #3,994 of 6,444
The Trigun movie was a pleasant surprise since I didn't even know one was coming out. It was great to see the old gang back together with a more than serviceable plot and fun new characters. Sure it's just fluff, but it's very well done and tasty fluff.

The Gundam 00 Movie was a surprise in a different way. While it has the necessary elements (Gundams? Check. 00 universe? Check. Movie? Check.), it's miles away from anything the Gundam franchise has shown so far and easily the best thing from 00. As much fun as Unicorn has been, it's nice to see that Gundam may finally be moving away from endlessly rehashing CE plotlines.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #3,995 of 6,444

Quote:
The Trigun movie was a pleasant surprise since I didn't even know one was coming out. It was great to see the old gang back together with a more than serviceable plot and fun new characters. Sure it's just fluff, but it's very well done and tasty fluff.

The Gundam 00 Movie was a surprise in a different way. While it has the necessary elements (Gundams? Check. 00 universe? Check. Movie? Check.), it's miles away from anything the Gundam franchise has shown so far and easily the best thing from 00. As much fun as Unicorn has been, it's nice to see that Gundam may finally be moving away from endlessly rehashing CE plotlines.

Nice.  I'll have to check out the trigun movie.  Ironically, the movie debuted here in Seattle really early on at the local anime convention, but I didn't go to see it.

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3,998 of 6,444
Oooo, the Trigun movie.  I have it and keep forgetting to watch it.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #3,999 of 6,444
The Trigun movie is actually pretty good.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #4,000 of 6,444

Quote:
Oooo, the Trigun movie.  I have it and keep forgetting to watch it.

Agreed it's stuck somewhere in there < 
biggrin.gif

With Beyblade...

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #4,003 of 6,444
Jan 14, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #4,005 of 6,444
i went and got the first episode of fractale, ill check it out tomorrow. tonight i watched unlimited blade works, didnt quite realize what it was gonna be. at first i was thinking it was just going to be a retelling of the whole show in 2 hours, but its actually a different story, not completely, but enough to make it interesting.

and its good to see you back mr green, i thought youd been banned??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back