Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 19, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #2,716 of 6,444
Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini for the win! Thanks for that! My nick on other sites is from the original site, just dont know how to switch my nick on head-fi. Though Ive seen some people do it!

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #2,717 of 6,444
Wow, it just totally eluded me that they were working on a new Mahoromatic OVA. The first episode is out now, I am about to watch it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #2,718 of 6,444
I really enjoyed the first episode of Blue Literature. I've heard a lot of comparisons drawn to Kurozuka, but I enjoyed Kurozuka too, so...

The animation team changes entirely every couple episodes so if you like the concept of making classic Japanese literature into anime but don't like the style of the first arc you can check back in a couple weeks.

Oct 19, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #2,719 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by cujobob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man I just now caught this thread..anyone else into Detective Conan? I've been watching all of the American edition and now need to find a source for the Japanese episodes. For whatever reason, manga is hard for me to get into...though I do enjoy it for Naruto Shippuden.

Conan? Sorry, not my thing
tongue.gif

Waiting for Kiddy-Land...
Too bad I didn't catch Darker than Black 1st season, might as well wait for the 2 season to end, and watch them all in one go XD

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #2,721 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any anime worth watching for this year (2009)?

Last anime I watched was Strike Witches and after that I just stopped watching anime althogether...

We would probably have to roughly know your favorite genres to answer that(something in the range of 80 new anime since the beginning of 2009). However, I would highly recommend Eden of The East to anyone. I think it has something for everyone, and I consider it to be the best anime by far from this year.

Oct 22, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #2,722 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystere9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We would probably have to roughly know your favorite genres to answer that(something in the range of 80 new anime since the beginning of 2009). However, I would highly recommend Eden of The East to anyone. I think it has something for everyone, and I consider it to be the best anime by far from this year.

this has been a pretty **** year though.
Tokyo magnitude 8, eden of the east, souja erin (its paced about the same speed as monster but the story is far simpler).
Stuff like saki and k-on really underperformed what i expected
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #2,725 of 6,444
Is Shana to have a 3rd season after the OVA is finished? Or is it just a rumor?

The picks of this season have to include Darker than Black 2, Book of Bantorra, Sacred Blacksmith, and Railgun.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #2,726 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this has been a pretty **** year though.
Tokyo magnitude 8, eden of the east, souja erin (its paced about the same speed as monster but the story is far simpler).
Stuff like saki and k-on really underperformed what i expected
frown.gif

You think so? I guess Eden of the East is about the only 'great' show I remember seeing, but I thought Viper's Creed, Ride Back, Phantom(though I didn't watch past episode 2 for fear of ruining the Visual Novel), Kanamemo, Tayutama, Letter Bee and Blue Literature were/are all pretty good(And in genres that I personally like).

Saki and K-on! are the kind of shows I drop after the first episode(No offense intended to those who love them).

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #2,727 of 6,444
Different strokes for different folks for sure! Tayutama? Seriously?
redface.gif

Ugh. The show had too many peeves for me, especially how Kikurami was rubbing it in to Ameri. Poor thing. I am actually amazed I manged to sit thru the whole thing (kept wondering why)

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #2,728 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Different strokes for different folks for sure! Tayutama? Seriously?
redface.gif

Ugh. The show had too many peeves for me, especially how Kikurami was rubbing it in to Ameri. Poor thing. I am actually amazed I manged to sit thru the whole thing (kept wondering why)

Ameri didn't appeal to me whatsoever as a heroine. I didn't watch the whole thing though, to be fair. Then, I don't watch every episode of 95% of shows I start. In fact, I don't really like anime in general. Different strokes for different folks, indeed.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #2,729 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystere9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ameri didn't appeal to me whatsoever as a heroine. I didn't watch the whole thing though, to be fair. Then, I don't watch every episode of 95% of shows I start. In fact, I don't really like anime in general. Different strokes for different folks, indeed.

Here's one that might grab your interest enough to make you want to finish. Bounen no Xam'd aka. Xam'd: Lost Memories.

Oct 23, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #2,730 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110
Here's one that might grab your interest enough to make you want to finish. Bounen no Xam'd aka. Xam'd: Lost Memories.

Oddly enough as a fan of Eureka 7, Xam'd didn't do it for me. It had the high polish that BONES is known for, but couldn't shake the feeling that Xam'd was just Eureka lite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New ... Hidamari Sketch OVA just came out
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the heads up! I thought I'd have to wait for the next season before getting another Hidamari fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back