Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
May 22, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #2,449 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few series I'm watching lately:
PlanetES...
Haibane Renmei...
Baccano!...
Seirei no Moribito...

we have very similar taste in anime, though I watched those a while back.

Recently watched Clannad: AS. Probably the best KyoAni adaptation to date, but like the rest of them it's love/hate.
Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae: Best of the 3 imo, but not by much. If you didn't like the series before this one won't convert you.
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou: Continuation. Reminds me of Mushishi. Great but goddam it I demand more Reiko.
Re-watched: Ghost in the Shell 2.0 (not Innocence): Keep moving. You're not missing much. Yes, I watched it the second time, and it's still the EXACT same story rendered in slightly-above-average cgi.

May 22, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #2,450 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whaddayouknow, there's new Haruhi...

/Rather like finding a $20 in the couch.

Yup! Just caught Jahn posting about it in the 4chan thread. Very happy with the way the summer season is progressing. Saki and K-On! continue to remain interesting, we've got a Clannad OVA (Kyou's arc) on the way, and now Haruhi Season 2. Plus several other anime that I haven't even gotten around to! Yup, this summer is definitely going to progress nicely!

May 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #2,451 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup! Just caught Jahn posting about it in the 4chan thread. Very happy with the way the summer season is progressing. Saki and K-On! continue to remain interesting, we've got a Clannad OVA (Kyou's arc) on the way, and now Haruhi Season 2. Plus several other anime that I haven't even gotten around to! Yup, this summer is definitely going to progress nicely!

Quote:

4chan thread

Quote:

implying that there is only one thread

Insert hilarious reaction image here.
Going to watch it anyway, largely because I already watched season 1. Might as well catch a side story. This might end up being like Rozen Maiden though; I liked it the first time through, but will be kinda "meh" about it when the new season comes around.

Currently enjoying Lupin III red jacket series. Dub Lupin is far more entertaining than sub Lupin, even if it does change the character a little bit.

May 22, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #2,452 of 6,444
Quote:

[size=large]Old[/size] news... it's at least 8 episodes old. First was a chronological recap and now theyre adding "new stuff". It's being oversubbed just as much as fma09. Original was meh and the manga was a whole lot better. I'll pass, just as I have been planning to since 12 weeks ago. TMK its only going to have 4 or 5 new episodes. They should have just done an OVA, but I guess its good that theyre fixing up their chronology issues (a weak joke for lots of trouble) in this one.
Nyoro~n Churuya-san is where it's at
wink.gif

(Ps, it's also crap only without the fans).

May 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #2,453 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vayate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently enjoying Lupin III red jacket series. Dub Lupin is far more entertaining than sub Lupin, even if it does change the character a little bit.

I prefer sub Lupin myself. I watched the dubbed version of Castle of Cagliostro a while back and it made me laugh...It is one of the better dubs for Anime around though...

May 22, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #2,454 of 6,444
Quote:

I prefer sub Lupin myself. I watched the dubbed version of Castle of Cagliostro a while back and it made me laugh...It is one of the better dubs for Anime around though...

The Cagliostro dub is a good bit different from the Geneon red jacket series dub. Lupin becomes a bit less childlike, more jaded and wittier in the Geneon dub, and it's a good change of pace from some of the other series/movies.

May 25, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #2,455 of 6,444
May 26, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #2,457 of 6,444
Oh hey guys a.f.k. is back to sub haruhi. How nice. (My nostalgia mode is about to explode by the way)

started watching kaiji the other day, also watching K-On (The song in ep. 8 wasen't that bad IMO), haruhi (Well duh, you'd have to have a few loose screws not to be watching that now. Or you just hate tsundere gods) and good eats..... oh wait that's not an anime. Nevermind.

I need to go find some lupin the third though, watched that one movie and it was very good. (The old movie, too lazy to copy paste from later down in the thread)

EDIT: Jahn has a trip on 4chan? Also, those look more like K601s to me.
wink.gif

May 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #2,458 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone watching the new Fullmetal Alchemist? How does it differ from the previous series? Worth watching?

I am. Though I havent watched last two episodes released yet. So far I was positively surprised. First episode was a dissapointment and seemed like a filler with unnecessary characters, but otherwise this new serie is more straight to the point with lot less filler episodes/scenes (or so it would seem so far), and some stuff make more sense than they did on the original serie. Downside is that they concentrate too much on the humor at the times, more than in the original serie, and frankly it gets bit annoying. Other than few smirking comic relief moments I wasnt really a fan of the humor in original serie and new serie doesnt work either.

May 26, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #2,459 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone watching the new Fullmetal Alchemist? How does it differ from the previous series? Worth watching?

yes and no respectively. It's exactly the same, only with more awful humour, animation that doesnt look like its from 1999 (despite being from 2003). They changed the ending (it'll be the manga ending).

Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh hey guys a.f.k. is back to sub haruhi. How nice. (My nostalgia mode is about to explode by the way)

started watching kaiji the other day, also watching K-On (The song in ep. 8 wasen't that bad IMO), haruhi (Well duh, you'd have to have a few loose screws not to be watching that now. Or you just hate tsundere gods) and good eats..... oh wait that's not an anime. Nevermind.

Huge fan of tsundere, but the haruhi anime just isnt that funny and lacked a plot that I honestly cared about. I'll probably watch it once it's finished (and probably wont watch the first 7 episodes...) just so I can get a hold of the references in kyoani stuff that comes after which to be honest was the only point of watching the first series anyway. It's almost as bad as Elfen Lied in terms of being a pile of crap that is stupidly popular (which is the most overrated piece of mediocre trash in history). Hell, even Toradora was better than Haruhi (far superior tsundere, only slightly better story [mostly because it went down hill at terminal velocity]).
The haruhi manga on the other hand was very good.
I'm out of date on all the anime I have been watching this season other than K-on. Lost interest for a bit. My friend has been keeping up with it so I'll get it from.
The new KissXSis should be out soon or maybe already out
wink.gif
wink.gif
ph34r.gif

May 26, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #2,460 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes and no respectively. It's exactly the same, only with more awful humour, animation that doesnt look like its from 1999 (despite being from 2003). They changed the ending (it'll be the manga ending).

Huge fan of tsundere, but the haruhi anime just isnt that funny and lacked a plot that I honestly cared about. I'll probably watch it once it's finished (and probably wont watch the first 7 episodes...) just so I can get a hold of the references in kyoani stuff that comes after which to be honest was the only point of watching the first series anyway. It's almost as bad as Elfen Lied in terms of being a pile of crap that is stupidly popular (which is the most overrated piece of mediocre trash in history). Hell, even Toradora was better than Haruhi (far superior tsundere, only slightly better story [mostly because it went down hill at terminal velocity]).
The haruhi manga on the other hand was very good.
I'm out of date on all the anime I have been watching this season other than K-on. Lost interest for a bit. My friend has been keeping up with it so I'll get it from.
The new KissXSis should be out soon or maybe already out
wink.gif
wink.gif
ph34r.gif

Oddly enough most people see the manga as being bad. I find haruhi funny myself, but I'm not into tsunderes. Maybe that's the problem?

In any case, to each his own. I'm apparently one of the five or so people on /a/ who loved lucky star (And isn't a lolicon. :| ).

On that last note, I might have to put on my flame suit.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back