Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 18, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #2,341 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by nothing101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you guys reccomend me an anime series?

like: code geass, ergo proxy, excel saga, elfen lied, deathnote

dont like: bleach, naruto, full metal alchemist, most action in general

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

if you like Death Note, then you'll probably like the manga Liar Game, and in turn the anime One Outs. Yes, it's about baseball, but the point is the strategy behind it, not the genre itself. very clever stuff.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #2,342 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you like Death Note, then you'll probably like the manga Liar Game, and in turn the anime One Outs. Yes, it's about baseball, but the point is the strategy behind it, not the genre itself. very clever stuff.

As much as I love One Outs, not having anyone sub the last 3 episodes is very annoying, only watch it if you don't mind this. Otherwise it's a top notch series that I'd recommend to anyone at any time.

Apr 18, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #2,343 of 6,444
well i dont really like/know anything about baseball...

also i doubt i would be able to get hold of some obscure manga unless its on the internet but i dont know how to get it or even if it is possible.

thanks for the suggestions anyways

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #2,349 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EFN: boo Rurouni Kenshin series was bad.

Did anyone else get their K-on! OP and ED CD a day early? I got mine on the 21st.

says the guy who bought the K-on op and ed CD ROFL.

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #2,350 of 6,444
Watched Karas 1-6 again this past weekend, fansubbed by Anime-Kraze

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #2,351 of 6,444
watched armor hunter mellowlink yesterday, and what i glorious day it turned out to be!
i have been searching for other shows by Takeyuki Kanda after being blown away by Vifam, and this show did not disappoint!

i really wish more shows would focus on grunts fighting "realistic" mechs, instead of child prodigies in God-mechas "fighting" cannon fodder and other crazy kids with supermechas (im looking at you Gundam).

9/10

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #2,352 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EFN: boo Rurouni Kenshin series was bad. OVA was better and so was the manga
wink.gif
Did anyone else get their K-on! OP and ED CD a day early? I got mine on the 21st.

Agreed. I can't watch the series, although admit I have seen a good chunk of it.

The OVA on the other hand, incredible story, very emotional with some of the best animation and art I've seen. Only anime I can think of that would beat that for story, emotion and animation be Gankutsuou.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #2,353 of 6,444
Code Geass: I really liked the overall story and how it unraveled, great ending.

Full Metal Panic: all seasons were very funny and a pleasant refreshing anime

Just finished Clanned and Clanned After Story: This is the most moving story I have ever watched. Holistically one of the greatest things I have ever seen! This story connects with the audience on a deep emotional level and really makes you care about the characters. (If you want to uphold a manly appearance please watch this alone as it is very likely that you will show emotion, especially in the second season)

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #2,354 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just finished Clanned and Clanned After Story: This is the most moving story I have ever watched. Holistically one of the greatest things I have ever seen! This story connects with the audience on a deep emotional level and really makes you care about the characters. (If you want to uphold a manly appearance please watch this alone as it is very likely that you will show emotion, especially in the second season)

Agreed. If Clannad AS cannot at least bring you to the border of wanting to cry, I have to argue that you are not human. My sister looked at me all funny, when I was saying that Clannad AS (particularly the Ushio Arc) very nearly had me crying, but that that same could not be said for Grave of the Fireflies.

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #2,355 of 6,444
Is Clannad a soap drama or comedy? In animenfo it is described as comedy, yet I see so many "make cry comments"? How can those two merge together?

[size=xx-small]or perhaps it just wets your eyes out of laughter?
biggrin.gif
[/size]

*edit* Sorry, my bad. It seems like the second season is described as comedy, not the first one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back