Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #2,176 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know I'm late, but I'm currently trying to catch up on Gintama. It's awesome. It's a pretty chill and funny anime.

x2 the anime is extremely wacky and fun. I really like how they parody other shonen manga's and break the 4th wall. It's also one of the few manga series that imo is worth watching the anime after you've read the manga chapters. The music and voice acting just adds something special and unique that isn't shown in the manga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by demoNMaCHiN3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone else read Mx0? What are your thoughts about it?

Well i've also read Mx0 it was pretty good and I found it better than pretty face (another manga by the author). I hate the ending as well
mad.gif
But at least it allows for the mangaka to pick up where he left off if he continues it. I HOPE and I really want it to continue!

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #2,177 of 6,444
So I finally got to catch up with clannad AS (eps18-19)
This is by far one of the most poignant tearjerkers, even as I knew the story full well going into it. I mean its like x5 worse than the infamous "I will go to my goal now, okay?" moment from Air, the saddest I have felt from anime ever since Asatte no Houkou (H2O might have come close hadn't it been for the ending)
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #2,178 of 6,444
Agreed. I knew the story coming in as well, as it made it quite obvious, but the tears can't help but to fall out. >_< Great anime!

I agree with H2O...it was sad here and there but it didn't end up too sad.

I love Air as well!

Have you tried an anime called Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien? Very nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is by far one of the most poignant tearjerkers, even as I knew the story full well going into it. I mean its like x5 worse than the infamous "I will go to my goal now, okay?" moment from Air, the saddest I have felt from anime ever since Asatte no Houkou (H2O might have come close hadn't it been for the ending)
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #2,182 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I should not have watched 18 before I built my amp... I would've cried in tears (of sadness and happiness).
frown.gif
I played the VN and it didn't give me the same impact as the anime, maybe because I rushed through. Can't wait to see how it'll end...

All of Key's works are great! Clannad hit me hardest, then Air, and then Kanon (2005).

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #2,183 of 6,444
hehe I did cry like a... couldn't help it XD
Then eps19 did it to me again, to a lesser extent, but still.

It was good to see you know um... Ms. Starfish back again, with Nonaka Ai's eargasmic voice acting
dt880smile.png
Seriously, this girl needs to get together with Ms. Ryugu so the two can adore each other to death
bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #2,184 of 6,444
I tried Kenshin several years ago and it just had nothing for me.

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #2,185 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried Kenshin several years ago and it just had nothing for me.

Have you seen the first OVA?

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #2,186 of 6,444
I tried watching the first couple episodes of whatever I had, I don't know if it was OVA or not. Like I said this was years ago and I'm pretty sure it still won't click with me.

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #2,187 of 6,444
If it was pacifistic Kenshin with his reverse blade sword, with little bit of lame super-deformed humor, unrealistic action sequences, you were watching the TV serie. Honestly, I hated it too.
If it started with a caravan violently slaughtered by bandits in front of child Kenshins eyes, and then making him learn the way of the sword, it was the far superior (IHMO) OVA.

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #2,188 of 6,444
Posted something here, but in hindsight I should've used a PM.

As long as I already made this post, I'll mention that I finished Speed Grapher. Awesome series. 8/10. Aside from that I'm currently rewatching Marimite since the new season is out. I watched this series a few years ago and liked it. It's still pretty good, but not amazing. I'd prolly give the first two seasons a 6/10. I haven't rewatched the third season yet.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #2,189 of 6,444
Better late than never (IMO), but I finally got the Clannad: Another World-Tomoyo Chapter, and watched it today. My God, I love Clannad even more after seeing this. Unlike most of the other Clannad fans here, I have not started watching Clannad-After Story yet (I've downloaded eps 1-19, and I'm trying really hard to hold off on watching the entire thing, until I have got all of the episodes), so this is was a good way for me to get a little Clannad fix quickly. I love how well they presented an alternate story-line in which Tomoyo and Tomoya are together and simply loved how the story progressed and reached a conclusion of sorts in less than 30 minutes overall. Personally, would have liked to see a bit more, but perfectly happy with what was given. Now if only Kyoto Animation would make a similar OVA alternative story-like for Kyou and Kotomi as well-I think I'd be very happy!

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #2,190 of 6,444
I used to be into anime, but I quickly got disillusioned after realizing 70-85% of it is fan-service and extremely predictable with set story formulas.

Recently I watched Afro Samurai and I have to say I'm back (at least to some degree). It reminded me of old school Kung Fu / Samurai movies: stylish and to the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back