Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 23, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #6,136 of 6,444
Anyone see the K-On movie?  Impressions? =P

Just finished Chihayafuru! recently.  It is AMAZING.

The K-on movie was excellent. I watched it under *abominable conditions, yet I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

*I watched it on my phone. The audio was desynching at a rate of about 1-2 seconds per minute. Made it really annoying to watch since I had to continually pause it to resync.

I really liked Chihayafuru too.
While I don't think the plot is all that special, the way they are able to build up tension is simply amazing.

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #6,139 of 6,444
Quote:
I'm watching it (ika musume) and it's probably the best thing on the whole planet ahaha
so cute
I just
agh ;v; her facial expressions are just great. and also tentacle hair. I mean, seriously, they seem like they'd be so useful!

(really wishing I was a squid girl sometimes!)

Isn't it?  I have no idea what got me to watching it when the first season came out, but it became something of an obsession.  It was just too entertaining and didn't really require me to turn my brain on more than a trickle of power.

Quote:
Have you seen the OVA that came out a couple days ago?
If not, you definitely should.
It's just another regular episode, one that I already read in the manga on top of that. But still definitely worthwhile.

Ooo...no I haven't.  Was that one that was bundled on a DVD with a magazine or manga or something?  I read a while back that there was something like that coming up, but totally forgot about it in the interim.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me which episode(s) of Ika Musume S1 that has chibi-Ika? She's jush shoo kawaii, de geso~~

She's in episode 5, third part: Kawana-ika?  That's the episode that pretty much sold me completely on the show.  An entire interlude that's funny, heartwarming, somewhat tragic and has almost no dialogue except "geso" and uses a well done musical piece to accentuate the emotional background of a scene?  Oh yeah, and with Mini Ika Musume?  Sold de geso!

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #6,140 of 6,444
I've been watching madoka magica recently...
Good lord, it is absolutely epic. The story starts out small and exponentially expands with every episode...
And the animation is top notch, as is the soundtrack
(particularly the OP and ED)

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #6,141 of 6,444
Quote:
I've been watching madoka magica recently...
Good lord, it is absolutely epic. The story starts out small and exponentially expands with every episode...
And the animation is top notch, as is the soundtrack
(particularly the OP and ED)

This goes to show that if SHAFT had the money, they could MAKE A FREAKING S4 OF SAYONARA ZETSUBOU SENSEI. *** I'M STILL BITTER ABOUT IT. And they also show that they can make more episodes of it by releasing 1 freaking OVA. Frigging hell I'm so bitter about it.

Does catching up with tons of Zero Punctuation counts as catching up to an anime series?

Aug 28, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #6,144 of 6,444
Quote:
Quote:
Note to self: Don't mention Madoka Magica around jgray91.  LOL

Don't talk about SHAFT in general. It's a way to flip his switch. (SZS reference right there. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?)

Ha ha. Contrary to that, I don't actually watched a lot of SHAFT. The more recent and popular ones (Madoka Magica and X-monogatari) and SZS.

Wish they could at least make an OVA series of the ending of the manga, like at least the last 10 chapters. That would be gloriously awesome.

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #6,145 of 6,444
Ha ha. Contrary to that, I don't actually watched a lot of SHAFT. The more recent and popular ones (Madoka Magica and X-monogatari) and SZS.

Wish they could at least make an OVA series of the ending of the manga, like at least the last 10 chapters. That would be gloriously awesome.

Even with the new found true ending?

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #6,146 of 6,444
Okay, new anime I'm watching. Clannad.
God, episode 9 has to be the saddest thing in anime... Ever.
And the ED is addicting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back