Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #5,358 of 6,444

Quote:
seems im the only big detective genre fan here XD

To much of that stuff is already littering the airwaves of north american broadcasting. If i am watching anime i want to watch something you can't find on tv.

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #5,362 of 6,444

Just finished watching the fate/stay night movie: unlimited blade works. It has great reviews, but wasn't really for me. 

I'm not saying it's bad, but the idea to have an alternate story where Tohsaka gets prime time with Emiya doesn't tickle my fancy since I personally like Saber the best. The fact that Saber had a fairly minor role here (which is necessary for the story to go down) made the plot a tad unfulfilling. I'm sure some may not agree, but that's just how I feel.

The action scenes, sound and art was incredible though. Every character looked amazing.

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #5,363 of 6,444
Just watched The Sky Crawlers, very nice art work very nice picture quality in general. Interesting story but felt slow to me. Some scenes seemed to be left on screen a few seconds longer then they needed to be. If it was shortened by about 1 hour I would have loved it. The best air combat scenes I've seen in any anime though truly great. But this is just IMO.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #5,364 of 6,444

Quote:

Just finished watching the fate/stay night movie: unlimited blade works. It has great reviews, but wasn't really for me. 

I'm not saying it's bad, but the idea to have an alternate story where Tohsaka gets prime time with Emiya doesn't tickle my fancy since I personally like Saber the best. The fact that Saber had a fairly minor role here (which is necessary for the story to go down) made the plot a tad unfulfilling. I'm sure some may not agree, but that's just how I feel.

The action scenes, sound and art was incredible though. Every character looked amazing.

you realize that the VN has 3 separate routes right? the show "mainly" followed the Fate route, that movie followed the Unlimited Blade Works route, and theres a third route, Heaven's Feel, that hasnt been done on video(though there is a bit sprinkled throughout the tv anime).

so basically all im saying is that it is done that way on purpose :p

Oct 15, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #5,365 of 6,444
Just watched Steins;Gate

Mind blown. Definitely one of the best I have seen up until now.

Don't you just love vacations by the way? The previous anime took me five weeks to watch, Steins;Gate being the same length took me one day! :D

Currently deciding whether to watch Usagi Drop or Angel Beats! next. Any suggestions?

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #5,366 of 6,444
you realize that the VN has 3 separate routes right? the show "mainly" followed the Fate route, that movie followed the Unlimited Blade Works route, and theres a third route, Heaven's Feel, that hasnt been done on video(though there is a bit sprinkled throughout the tv anime).

so basically all im saying is that it is done that way on purpose :p

ah, that makes a lot more sense. what is heaven's feel focused on?

Just watched Steins;Gate
Mind blown. Definitely one of the best I have seen up until now.
Don't you just love vacations by the way? The previous anime took me five weeks to watch, Steins;Gate being the same length took me one day! :D
Currently deciding whether to watch Usagi Drop or Angel Beats! next. Any suggestions?

yeah, awesome anime. you're lucky to not have watched the other two yet. they're fantastic and should be savoured :)

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #5,368 of 6,444
But of course, shakugan no shana 3.  :D

I have to admit they've sorta mutilated the storyline...

Also, Tilpo: I suggest you watch angel beats first.  No reasoning behind this other than its a cool show and its on netflix instant stream.

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #5,369 of 6,444
Found a little something for those of you who like supernatural/mystery. Ghost Hunt.
Just don't go watching it at 2 in the morning. Had me checking for "something that went bump in the night".

Oct 15, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #5,370 of 6,444
Just finished Highschool of the Dead, not bad at all but the fanservice.... disagrees with me.

EDIT: Probably gonna watch Tsubasa next but if the manga is anything to go by it's gonna bore me, anyone can chip in on this? 

Cheers,
IMAWolf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back