Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 29, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #3,106 of 6,444
Heard Angel Beats is fun. Have a few episodes, but I've mostly been trying to concentrate on what I already have in full series form so I can burn through at least some of my backlog. The chances of that are pretty much nil, but we have to dream, right?

Watched the first two episodes of Claymore last night. Initial impressions is it's nice and dark, good action but not solely relying on it to drive things, Clare is as hot as I pretty much figured she'd be from the character design, and Raki is annoying. Hope the latter gets tempered as the series goes on. I can see a plot and character reason for him being there and being the way he is, but he is my least favorite part of the show at this early stage.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #3,107 of 6,444
you have to over look raki just ignore
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #3,108 of 6,444
I finished watching a few weeks ago Birdy The Mighty first season, have on hold the second season. The animation is great, story is interesting, ...

I also watched Astro Fighter Sunred season 1 + 2 and it is a very funny show! I enjoyed it a lot, it was great watching 10 min chapter and always funny. Sodoma & Gomorra parts were hilarious. Plus the whole idea of the show is unique. I highly recommend watching some episodes of this Anime.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #3,109 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have to over look raki just ignore
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL...so I should look more at Clare and just pretend the kid isn't there huh?
atsmile.gif
Sounds like good advice.

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #3,111 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arakawa Under the Bridge is pretty awesome.

Yea!!! One of the best shows in this seasons. And if you have not watch B gata H kei yet, you should do so, its one of the best shows of all time imo.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

May 1, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #3,112 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And if you have not watch B gata H kei yet, you should do so, its one of the best shows of all time imo.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

My roommate's watching that... I'll pass.
tongue.gif

May 1, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #3,113 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heard Angel Beats is fun. Have a few episodes, but I've mostly been trying to concentrate on what I already have in full series form so I can burn through at least some of my backlog. The chances of that are pretty much nil, but we have to dream, right?

x2 on Angel Beats, it's a fun show.
beerchug.gif

I wanted to swallow live dynamite and grenades after forcing myself to finish the first episode of Arakawa Under the Bridge.
angry_face.gif

May 1, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #3,114 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted to swallow live dynamite and grenades after forcing myself to finish the first episode of Arakawa Under the Bridge.
angry_face.gif

ROFL...I guess I can relate. Usually I just resort to whiskey or something though. It still burns.
atsmile.gif

May 1, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #3,115 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 on Angel Beats, it's a fun show.
beerchug.gif

It is pretty sad too. Makes you feel for the characters.

May 1, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #3,116 of 6,444
I finished up Sola a bit ago and it was really good. It's a lot like AIR. It is very slow in the beginning but it slowly builds and by the 8th or 9th episode you are pretty at the edge of your seat to find out what will happen next.

It's never been a terribly popular anime in the US but it won anime of the year in Japan in 2007.

May 1, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #3,117 of 6,444
double post =X

May 6, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #3,119 of 6,444
For those wondering when certain series air and when to expect fansubbers to release episodes, refer to this airing guide that is updated every few minutes. I've been using this for a while and thought I'd share. :)
http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back