Any anime/jp pop music fans?
Jan 15, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 37
the only way i can stand j-pop for long is if i watch the videos with the sound turned off
very_evil_smiley.gif
honestly though, there isn't very much j-pop that i like. its so extremely commercial. some japanese indes rock and electronic is cool though-i have tons of that kinda thing.

Jan 15, 2003 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 37
I forget how many gigs of anime osts I have. Somewhere between 25 and 35 gigs...

Jan 15, 2003 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 37
Usually the music from anime doesn't impress me too much. Sure, I'll download the OP and ED, but the BG music isn't all that great usually. I do really like the music from Haibane Renmei though...I think I might look into importing that OST.

Jan 15, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 37
I loved Haibane Renmei! Sometimes just listening to the music makes me feel sad.

I do have a small collection of OST's and OP and ED, they're nice to listen to while working or falling asleep. At the very least, I find it a refreshing change from the current state of American pop music (for now).

Jan 15, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 37
There've been a few threads of this type before, you can do a search to find them. Suffice to say, I really, really like quite a bit of anime and j-pop music. My newest find is the Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar Music Note 1 disc, great stuff.

Jan 15, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 37
But you see, we're just experiencing spontaneous surges of love for anime which unfailingly compels us to share it with the rest of our friends here at head-fi completely afresh! No resurrection of old threads for us!
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2003 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 37
Oh, I know, but a simple search would've confirmed the fact that there're plenty of us here, and it bugs me when people don't do searches. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to find another anime/j-pop thread started.

Jan 16, 2003 at 9:54 PM Post #12 of 37
The only Anime music I ever liked was the Dragonball GT opening theme music.

Jan 17, 2003 at 7:38 AM Post #13 of 37
k pop is better than most j pop.

aya matsuura has some good stuff though.

park ji yoon's sung in sheik is a good song but i don't really like the rest of her stuff.

Jan 17, 2003 at 5:50 PM Post #15 of 37
The followup to Terra2001, LosAngeles, has a darker sound to it. But the recent "The Winter Album" is very poppy. The Brilliant Green's lead singer also has her solo project where she does retro 80's synth pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back