Any alternative AAC players?
Jan 10, 2008 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

riker1384

100+ Head-Fier
So the new Ipods don't work with older Mac OS. What other choices do I have? Most of my collection is unprotected mp4 ripped from CDs. Are there any other ones that will play these with good sound quality? Right now my collection is 10 gigs, but it will probabbly get bigger.

Jan 11, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #8 of 14
Nokia's phones..
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #9 of 14
many companies are supporting aac now. it is cheaper than mp3 and wma in bulk and still is great quality so i expect in the next few years it may be the 2nd behind mp3 properly. i have the sony machine but it is the japan version meaning i have to have windows to run it. if you can get the american version, you can just drag and drop from finder.

i have cowon d2 and it sometimes plays aac and sometimes does not - cowon seem to have qualms about aac - to support or not to support it.

if you mean other players, i assume you mean non-ipod. otherwise, i would suggest older ipods - like shuffle - you can get shuffle database for it and it should run - wait, i assume you mean prior os to osx? if so, i have no idea what you should do. i don't remember how good os9's finder support was. if it was okay then you can just drag and drop with most mountable portables. most however want you to use windows.

good luck

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #10 of 14
I'm also interested in this I returned my Classic because I didn't like the sound. So now I have a lot of AAC
tongue.gif
I'm interested in creative zen (not sure about reliability) and Cowon D2 or 7 but I can't see that cowon players support AAC on there website? So this thread was a little interesting.

Does anyone now for sure if they support AAC?

Or can I convert my AAC to FLAC so that the quality wan't get lost and the size don't increases?

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What version of Mac OS are you running?

Who, me? 10.3.9.

I have all the updates for Itunes, so it's just that they don't want to take the time to make the 10.3 version of Itunes work with the new Ipods. Am I supposed to put $130 for a new OS into a computer that's probably only worth $250 now? No way. I'm angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back