Norah jones - New York City
Slim Thug - Already Platinum
Wolfmother - Self titled
Young Jeezy - Let's get it: Thug motivation 101

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #123 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by doubts even here /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

Of course its a question of personal preference, but why exactly THIS New Order record, as nearly anything else they made seems much better to me (and I guess not only to me)?

Like you said, it's personal. Even if I might like other stuff better (PC&L, for one) I have a lot of associations with Republic from when it first came out that make it special to me ("like water down the drain"
wink.gif
).

I think Republic was also their most commercially successful album, so if anything, more people agree with me (since you seem interested in turning it into a popularity contest
tongue.gif
).

Besides, I thought this thread was about albums that you *loved*, not necessarily what you thought might be technically "better." There is a difference, as loving something is more than about just the sum of its parts, like how most people love someone else despite their flaws instead of dismissing them because someone else might be "better" or "more perfect."

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #124 of 389
You're right, but it just could not imagine someone could find every song on this album flawless (and its about the songs, not about the sentiments or memories that come with them, although they surely influence the perception of a song but on the other hand are not part of the very song ....
wink.gif
).
Don't know if its NO's biggest commercial succes, it was at least their record which was least critically acclaimed, but hey, of course it's still a very good album.
I already wrote that to me no record matches the criteria the topic starter set completely, but some New Order gets very near, propably one out of the three: Movement, PC&L, Get Ready.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #126 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^

*Any albums where you love EVERY song*

It's not about finding the album flawless - it's about loving the album, warts and all.

Well, to be honest, thats basicly the same to me. If I love a song, its perfect to me. And there I haven't heard one yet, which really has only perfect songs I could love
smile.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #127 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by doubts even here /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're right, but it just could not imagine someone could find every song on this album flawless

I don't.
wink.gif
I still love them anyway because of the personal associations.

But I can see it your way. In that case, there would be very few albums on my list -- if any -- because almost any album has at least a flaw here and there. Even what might be considered some of the best albums of all time, London Calling, or Let It Bleed, or Who's Next (that one might be perfect
wink.gif
), Blood on the Tracks (on second thought, add that one to my list), or Sgt. Pepper's, etc. So it's just a subjective call.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #129 of 389
return of the space cowboy - jamiroquai
moby - ambient
madonna - ray of light
radiohead - kid a
antony & the johnsons - the crying light
imogen heap - speak for yourself
men at work - cargo
def leppard - high n dry
queen - a kind of magic
isobel campbell & mark lanegan -ballad of the broken seas
michael jackson - thriller

and i'm sure many more i can't bring to mind.

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #130 of 389
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still love them anyway because of the personal associations.

And I do love Republic, too.
regular_smile .gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I can see it your way. In that case, there would be very few albums on my list -- if any -- because almost any album has at least a flaw here and there. Even what might be considered some of the best albums of all time, London Calling, or Let It Bleed, or Who's Next (that one might be perfect
wink.gif
), Blood on the Tracks (on second thought, add that one to my list), or Sgt. Pepper's, etc. So it's just a subjective call.
wink.gif

Exactly this was the problem to me. As I understood the question of the topic starter, I tried, but could not find any album matching these criteria.
Got to listen to Who's Next...
wink.gif

Edit: Now listening to Who's Next the first time
normal_smile .gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #131 of 389
Jennifer Warnes : The Hunter
Eva Cassidy : Wonderfull World
Martha Gomez : Cantos de agua dulce
Angels of Venice : Windham Hill compilation
The Bassface Swing : Gershwin
Steve Strauss : Just like love
Williard White : The Paul Robeson legacy

Search for shade

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #132 of 389
There are many for me, but the first that comes to mind is Steely Dan: Aja. Oh and just to keep it in the family, Donald Fagen: Morph The Cat

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #135 of 389
symphony x- "v the new mythology suite" a ******* masterpiece!!

except of that i got many more albums which i love every song in them, just to name a few:

radiohead-ok computer
therion-gothic kabbalah
rush-all the first 8 albums.
pink floyd-all are good,but "animals" is my favourite pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back