any 2nd gen nano case advice?
Sep 17, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Is the 2G Nano wider than the first? I'm sure there are some factories overseas cranking out new designs for ebay at this very moment
smily_headphones1.gif

It's a tad bit wider but flatter.

Sep 17, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta
Use your volume limiter to set the volume to max out at the most you can tolerate safely so you don't blow your eardrums out. It's a cool feature.

uhh...don't stop the volume from decreasing, does it?

Steve

Sep 17, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by desmoface
uhh...don't stop the volume from decreasing, does it?

Steve

lol no. But that doesn't hurt as much. In that case use the hold button.

Sep 17, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #20 of 28
Yea, I probably will need a case too.

Bought a silver 2gigger from Best Buy. Liked it, but considered more. As soon as I got a couple scratches on the screen I went ahead and returned it.

Went through a hassle with the CS there, but was able to exchange for an 8gig black. Love it. Already a little disappointed because I just made a tiny scratch on the scroll wheel. I don't know how either.

I'm always like this with new things I get. After a while I quit caring so much, as long as it functions properly.

Sep 17, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #21 of 28
I'm like that as well. My 3rd gen ipod looked brand spanking new despite being so old until I took it to Best Buy to put a new battery in there. They scratched the back a bit. After that, I never cared so much anymore. I never put the case on it and scratched the hell out of the back since it was already scratched.

Sep 18, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #22 of 28
To be honest with you, I didn't even know you could do that till you mentioned it..I'm still learning LOL.

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta
lol no. But that doesn't hurt as much. In that case use the hold button.

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #24 of 28
Get a waterproof case , tie it to a brick, drop it from a boat into the depths and hope that in 1000 years from now someone may find it and laugh at the poor quality electronics humans idolised...

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #25 of 28
Wonder what they'll think if they find a web archive of useless posts thought comedic at the time by their writer?

Oct 30, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #28 of 28
It's been my experience that most of the cases out there only sort of kind of fit. Some of those here get a bit compulsive about these things and it's the small differences that will drive some nuts.

For example, the scroll wheel is ever so slight lower and on the two cases i have it overlaps the bottom button, and leaves a gap at the top. No biggie but it looks like the case is not on properly.

The location of the headphone jack and lock switch vary a bit as well and on my case the switch gets partially blocked.

Marware's new sport suit is very good and the box does label it as 2nd gen compatible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back