Any 24-bit 96khz samples online?
Aug 10, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #16 of 21
Nine Inch Nails giving their album for free?
Sheesh, a good motivation to buy another as an act of appreciation
dt880smile.png

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #17 of 21
I'm hearing noise with my Total Bithead > Shure 530's as well, when turned up loud.

Quote:
OK, now this was 3 years ago but I decided to dig it out. Link provided by krmathis still works. I've tried Dvorak on my Azalia sound card, which should be capable of 24/192 output. My concern is noise level. Is the noise really present in the recording or I'm having some decoding issues? Could someone point me 24/96 or 24/192 FLAC sample, which was studio recorded and good mastered?
Yes, I'm extensively checking out capabilities of my current hardware since Sextetts arrived
wink_face.gif

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #18 of 21
OK, now this was 3 years ago but I decided to dig it out. Link provided by krmathis still works. I've tried Dvorak on my Azalia sound card, which should be capable of 24/192 output. My concern is noise level. Is the noise really present in the recording or I'm having some decoding issues? Could someone point me 24/96 or 24/192 FLAC sample, which was studio recorded and good mastered?
Yes, I'm extensively checking out capabilities of my current hardware since Sextetts arrived
wink_face.gif

Probably because they are tape records recorded decades ago, probably 1950/60s.
Like the rest of the files from their website - http://www.highdeftapetransfers.com

From their FAQ
PLEASE NOTE:In the interest of preserving the superb sound quality of these historic recordings, they have been preserved in their original, pristine state for maximum fidelity. Transferred from commercially released, analog reel-to-reel tapes (some of which are more than 50 years old), the recordings themselves can be subject to certain "artifacts" which are an inseparable part of the original analog recording process, such as tape "hiss" or other defects, and these may be audible on certain music tracks.

Aug 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #21 of 21

Hi ru9,

If I may correct the link (that one won't work):
www.soundkeeperrecordings.com/format.htm

There are 24/96 and 16/44 samples of "Dragon Boats" from the "Lift" album by Work of Art.
And now, there are also 24/192, 24/96 and 16/44 samples of "Kote Moun Yo?" from the new "Equinox" album by Markus Schwartz & Lakou Brooklyn, to be released on September 3rd.

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Barry
www.soundkeeperrecordings.com
www.barrydiamentaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back