Antlion's Best Wireless Headphone of 2018 List
Oct 26, 2018 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AAJoe

Member of the Trade: Antlion Audio
Heya everyone! As some of you may remember every year we put together our top headphones list and let you argue about how invalid the list is! This year we're actually breaking our list into two parts, first wireless and then wired later this year.

As you can see by my "industry tag" I work with Antlion - so you SHOULD NOT TRUST ME to tell you what the best headphones are (did you know that the ModMic is the best mic in the WHOLE UNIVERSE!? - see that is why) - Therefore we create our list a little differently than you may expect. Our list is a "List of Lists" - We took 23 different trusted sources like Head-fi, Linus Tech Tips, Wirecutter, etc who produce their own "top lists" or "recommended gear lists" and add up all the recommendations. The headphones that get recommended most win!

Since this is borderline spam as it is, I'll give you the full results here, without even clicking on the link to our site (which is unabashedly trying to sell you a ModMic to go with whatever new cans you buy). However, I will include the link if you want more info like our list of sources or info on each codec, as well as some things we found interesting. Keep in mind the big flaw in this system is it tends to weight older models more heavily, as they have had more time to get onto lists and this is NOT a list that tells you what headphones to buy. I believe this is a great tool for people to start their own research, narrowing down your options to a few possible models in your price range with the right protocols for you, most importantly to have aptX Low Latency if you're gaming competitively (which really limits this list, with only the Backbeat Pro 2 having a LL option!). The dream of BT 5 finally giving both speed and quality to wireless lives on for now
smile.png
, we'll see what reality has in store very soon.

One last thing: You may be wondering why we created a wireless headphone list when we don't sell a wireless microphone. Well, I think if you use your imagination you'll figure out what is in store for our big announcement this holiday season. HMMMMMMmmmmmm...

HeadphonePriceRecommendationsProtocol
Jabra Move$675Bluetooth 4.0
AKG N60NC Wireless$1194Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX
Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC$180

4NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX
Plantronics Backbeat pro 2$1999Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX & aptX LL
Bose SoundLink$2294NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (A2DP only)
B&O Play Beoplay H4$232
4Bluetooth 4.2 + AAC
Sony WH-1000XM2$275

10NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 + aptX hd & LDAC
Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless$2856NFC, Bluetooth 4.2
Sennheiser Momentum Wireless$3494Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR & aptX
Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II

$34920NFC, Bluetooth 4.1
Sony WH1000XM3$3504NFC, Bluetooth 4.2 + aptX hd & LDAC
Bowers & Wilkins PX$38510Bluetooth 4.1 + aptX hd
B&O Beoplay H9i$4254Bluetooth 4.2 + AAC
Sennheiser HD 1$4494Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR

See the full article here: https://antlionaudio.com/blogs/news/most-recommended-wireless-headphones-of-2018

Comments, suggestions, feedback, and of course the blatant arguing on whether or not this entire system is valid are more than welcome. Flame on!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back