Anti-Headphone Prejudice
Aug 10, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Honestly, it pisses me off when someone is listening to music while i am talking to them. There is 1 kid where i work who listenins to music all the time. Usually he only had one ear in, but when he has 2, he blasts the music and we have to tap him all the time. He pisses me aff sometimes.

Augh, the plague of the one-ibud-listeners first struck my school deep in the winter of aught-four. Many a wasted conversation and "Mmmm. Yeah." was I forced to suffer through.

Beware!

Aug 10, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 25
ok, but i'm wearing the cd1700--the giant metal sheilds on the earcups will protect my precious ears from damage, and i can attach heavy metal blades to the thick cord.

Aug 10, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Funny thing is that they would probably regret striking up a conversation with me. As anyone that has met me knows, 4 hour conversation with me will have you looking like Van Gogh.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Yeah no kidding...
biggrin.gif

I can recall many a conversation with Ed where 80% went right over my head...

Thankfully, Ed, you're a very nice guy so I just smile and nod and try to keep up as best as I can...
tongue.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
ok, but i'm wearing the cd1700--the giant metal sheilds on the earcups will protect my precious ears from damage, and i can attach heavy metal blades to the thick cord.

You can borrow my trident.

I'm bringing some knunchucks with woodies made by larry for the handles.

OOOH YEA, WHAT U GONNA DO NOW PUNKS? Headphone rage, fierce.

Aug 10, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #21 of 25
When we bike the boardwalk and checking out the sights.. my friend say's that girls with headphones(FMRadio phones) on that they are not "as" intelligent and aren't free thinking... I looked at him in dismay.. "You're trippin" I told him. Yet the girls we chatted up all day were not wearing headphones... He's still wrong. Sometimes you need to disconnect.

Aug 10, 2005 at 9:16 PM Post #22 of 25
OK~ another example:
I went to visit some extended family this weekend and after dinner they all crowded in front of the Plasma Screen tunes into local programming and slowly turned into Zombies. I setup my laptop and USB'd my Sprint PPC-6600 with wireless modem. No sooner than logging in online and started to stream with the C-moy/DT770 I was deemed unmutual… Couch potato or mouse potato..?!
blink.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #23 of 25
I myself have anti-headphone prejudice, only because they are making me spend so much money
eek.gif

Other than that, I love them!

It's hard for me to visualize anti-headphone prejudice in the public anymore, since everyone's wearing those ipod earbuds nowadays.

Aug 10, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #24 of 25
I've experienced this "attitude" from folks many times when I've worn phones...particularly from friends and family.

The funny thing is, they didn't have anything to say until I put the cans on. I guess the lesson to be learned is that if you're feeling ignored or left out, just put on your headphones...then everyone will want to jabber at you...

rolleyes.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #25 of 25
Yestarday i saw a lady walking with her very young kid. Kid was talking to her and she had 1 ipod bud in hear ear.... i was like "holy crap"....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back