Anti-Cables Appreciation thread
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

larry.said

New Head-Fier
I just recieved my pair of Anti-IC's and let me tell you, on the first listen these babies outclass by Au24 by a mile, and only 100$ a pair!!
Anyone else try these and/or love them?

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 25
In Poland they are quite popular and said to be strong players in the $500 region. I ordered Oyaide PA-02 in the meanwhile as I received different feedback from people regarding Anti IC's. Till now I've been using IXOS 104, really good IC just below $100, also winning in comparisons with several times higher priced competitors.

Jul 31, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 25
I am more interested in someone making homebrew "anti-cables" and selling them here. (MOT)

The actual material from my understanding isn't very expensive.

I have dying to try these for a while, but never had the budget for them.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 25
I use the speaker cables and like what they do for my system. For these, I recommend going bare wire, take the anti-cables termination off and scrap off the insulation. Cleans up the sound nicely.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 25
had a k1000 pigtail made of anticable. sounded okay, but PITA to move around and situate properly, so i sold it. too thick for my tastes...

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 25
I've heard them at meets, twice, but then again with no base for comparison, I don't know what to think of them? Elongated slinky?
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 25
The theory behind the built is intelligent and precise. I measure shunt capacitance through the wire and it was roughly 10pF, which is extremely low. In terms of sound: very open, great soundstage. Love em!

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #9 of 25
I've been disppointed with a few hyped up audio products; but the Anti-IC is no hype for sure.

Except for a very slightly recessed treble and not the most controlled and tight bass (on my system), I can find no fault.
Acoustic and vocal sounds very real and images well. Though I'm not sure if they're sound good with really full bodied and dark sounding system though. I thought it sounds a like the Oritek X-1.

Mine has Neutrik RCA but I'm looking into buying another set with Bullet RCA to see if there's any improvement. I've read somewhere that they offer silver connector option that's not indicated on their site but they didn't reply to my query on this.

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #10 of 25
my IC w/Eichmann Bullets and speaker cables are keepers. Paul and his wife are a pleasure to deal with too.

@ majkel:
i equally like my Oyaide PA-02 w/Furutech RCA, but they definately don't sound like the Anti-Cable.

PACE

Aug 15, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 25
Judy replied on new silver AC:

Our Silver IC's are with silver wire and silver Eichmann plugs that are black. We do not carry the blue anymore.
Cost for 1mtr = $250.00

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard them at meets, twice, but then again with no base for comparison, I don't know what to think of them? Elongated slinky?
wink.gif

I was just about to post the same thing, may have been the same meet in fact. I certainly had no complaints about the sound coming from the system they were in!

Aug 20, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #13 of 25
The anti-ic has been on my system for over a week now. I have not listened to my stereo since day 2 that the cables were installed; until last night. The highs seemed more prominent with better image focus, and bass is slightly better controlled. Doubt I'm imagining things as the effect is quite obvious - so I think these cables need a bit of time to settle down after being moved around - that's strange.

Mar 22, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #14 of 25
I thought i'd resurrect this thread. I tried the anti ic's on my stereo setup and loved them but have to get rid of that setup now due to space concerns. I then tried them on my stax lambda setup and felt the sound was too thin compared to my eichmann express 6 IC's. I am awaiting the KICAS amp and will try them again on my hd650's and see how they sound with that combo.

Mar 22, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #15 of 25
Honestly, I thought this thread was about people who doesn't believe in cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back