Anthony Gallo Reference 3 Setup
Mar 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #31 of 35
launche-
I've just been reading up on the Emerald Physics speakers... they sound absolutely fascinating. Do they require 4-channel amplification though? I thought I read that in the Positive Feedback review....

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #32 of 35
I had an audition for the Cary set up for saturday and later today the seller informed me that he sold it? I can't help but feel like I was screwed...this is why I don't use Audiogon often.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #33 of 35
We can officially squash this idea temporarily. lol

I just payed for an Audio-Technica L3000. I've wanted to hear these for the past two years and I got a good chance at a pair in great condition.

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
launche-
I've just been reading up on the Emerald Physics speakers... they sound absolutely fascinating. Do they require 4-channel amplification though? I thought I read that in the Positive Feedback review....

Yes it requires 4 channels of amplification. A nice home theater amp of 150+ watts a channel will get one started nicely at not too much cost. There were a couple of preowned ones for sale at $2k, All things considered I can't think of a better speaker for that price or for the original asking price for that matter. This speaker brought to market what manner hoped for and spawned tons of DIY knockoffs. User reviews are just as positive as the professional ones. Well worth a listen that's for sure.

Apr 2, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #35 of 35
Sure sounds like they're worth the audition.. thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back