[ANSWERED] Does KingRoot Work on Onkyo DP-X1A?
Jan 1, 2017 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

searchy

New Head-Fier
Ok Headfiers, I went ahead and took the risk of rooting my Onkyo DP-X1A using KingRoot. Probably the bravest thing I did all year :D 
Praise be the lord that it works! 

Here's proof that my device is rooted: 

Rooting the device with KingRoot was pretty simple. There were a few heartwrenching moments but I will warn you of those so you can expect them ahead of time. As always, make sure your device is fully charged and root at your own risk!

How to root the Onkyo DP-X1A:
1. Download KingRoot onto your device. Install the APK (you might have to enable unknown sources first)
2. Start KingRoot. KingRoot will attempt to find your device model and fail. When it asks if you want to try to root anyways, click yes.
3. Wait for KingRoot to root your device. Around the 40% mark, your device will shutdown. 
4. Wait for a few minutes before attempting to turn your device back on. Pressing the power button will not work. To turn on your device, press and hold the power button. You may have to hold the power button for 10 seconds. 
5. Wait for the device to boot up. KingRoot should continue where it left off. If not, open KingRoot.
6. Once the progress bar reaches 100%, your device is rooted!

Optional steps:
7. Download ES File Explorer if you have not done so already. In fact, this is probably necessary to install the KingRoot apk. 
8. Download all the apps you need from the Google Play Store in preparation for the next step.
9. Download System App Uninstaller and remove over 700MB of bloatware in the form of Google bloatware. I uninstalled every Google app including Google Play Store and Google Play Services and it feels amazing! If you uninstall Google Play Store, you will need to load apps through alternative means. I think it is worth it to be rid of Google Play Services spyware and the battery drain. 
10. Download the Pioneer Music Player, it has more options than the Onkyo one and the widget looks better IMO 
https://mega.nz/#!kkNEHL5C!Y3I8P0MvQSxvQUvVGjjobqfNG8fIv5oxvCg2lIePK9Y
Pioneer Widget:

Onkyo Widget:

10. Let the OS settle for a day and enjoy your new bloatfree DAP with 50 hour battery life :D

Jan 1, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 4
Other than removing bloatware and google spyware, what are the benefits of rooting it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back