Answer some questions for me please?
Jun 30, 2014 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

silverensign

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I recently got some bookshelf speakers (as well as an amp for the speakers) and a sub woofer for my computer. I got everything hooked up and working good but I have a question. If I wanted to hook up say my iPhone or nexus 7 or some audio device other than my computer to it, what equipment would I need. Is there some sort of device, short of a full blown a/v receiver that can receive an audio signal, digital or analog, and then split it to work with my sound system.

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 3
Not sure if this article covers what you are trying to do, but it sounds like this is what you are trying to do:

http://lifehacker.com/5326409/play-your-ipod-through-your-windows-7-pcs-speakers

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hey guys, so I recently got some bookshelf speakers (as well as an amp for the speakers) and a sub woofer for my computer. I got everything hooked up and working good but I have a question. If I wanted to hook up say my iPhone or nexus 7 or some audio device other than my computer to it, what equipment would I need. Is there some sort of device, short of a full blown a/v receiver that can receive an audio signal, digital or analog, and then split it to work with my sound system.

Check the thread for Android DACs and the iPad DACs. If your Nexus 7 or iPhone can work with USB OTG and/or the CCK, and the DAC has a USB input that doesn't need to draw power from the USB source, then either of them should work with it.

Here's an iPad2 on a dock with the CCK-USB hooked up - USB DAC on the amp is powered by its own power supply.

Here's the Galaxy S3 on a dock, with a USB OTG adapter hooked up behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back