Another "What player should i buy" thread. Inside are my detailed requirements.
Oct 30, 2007 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

pablobaluba

100+ Head-Fier
so...requirements:

very important:

max. 210$
very good sound quality
very good battery life (min 24h)
capacity:4gb (it's enough), 8 is ok too (but not necessary)

important, but not absolutely necessary:

usb/mini-usb interface would be nice(i would like not to have all kind of non-standard cables to carry with me)
an easy way to copy music to it. preferably plug-n-play...just to insert the player and copy to it like a harddrive.but i'm willing to accept also programs if it worths.

other:
i listen mostly to hiphop, and i would like a good powerfull bass. (i usually prefer the most realistic sound, but for portable players i always liked the bass)
video is not importand. of course, if it has it's a plus
oh, an other thing i would like it to be easy to handle. to control it, skip, fwd songs, folders without taking it out of the pocket. (after i get used to it, of course).

my findings until now are:
clix2 (a LOT of many good reviews)
sony nwz-a815/816 (impressive battery life)
cowon iaudio7 (i heard it's SQ it's way over the others..i don't know if it's true)
creative zen (i don't know much about it, but i don't like how it looks...it's more like a toy)

i'm waiting your opinions and i'm open to hear alos other suggestions, if there are any

thanks

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 16
I've only heard great and rave reviews about the Sony.

But the Zen is GORGEOUS, IMO. And the interface is supposed to be really beautiful.

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 16
Regarding the Sonys:

Very important:
Check

Important, but not absolutely necessary:
The cable is proprietary.
There is drag and drop, or you can use WMP.

Other:
Non-EQed, the bass is good enough for me, but can't say if it is for you. The EQ can boost it without making it muddy. Audition one at a Circuit City or something to see if it works well enough for you.
Has video.
The controls are ok to me for blind use. I have the S series, but played with the A series at Circuit City and found the buttons easy to use as well. Fast forwarding, skipping to next song are no-brainers. Folder skipping with Back, Back, Down, Play, Play isn't too bad.

All in all, fantastic player, but audition in person if you want to make sure it satisifies all of your needs 100%.

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 16
Creative Zen

Oct 30, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 16
The iAudio 7 is a very nice sounding DAP. The best stand alone I have heard and it meets all your other criteria. However I have not heard the others in contention.

Oct 30, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 16
thanks for the answers.
i think i will exclude the clix from my list.(i don't know why for sure)
biggrin.gif

so what would be nwz-a816 vs iA7?
it's really hard...i like the design of the sony much more. but the cowon has, radio and normal usb cable (i don't need radio..but it's a +)
any other opinons?

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #10 of 16
I've had my Cowon D2 for 4 days now, and I can't say enough good about it. I love tweaking the sound--awesome bass available. I too didn't want the touchscreen (I'm not into movies on such a small screen) but I wanted the SD card slot. I paid less than $200 for the 4 Gb version, free shipping, no tax.

Oct 31, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #12 of 16
about the mobiblu http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/digitalmus...9260357,00.htm
the review says that the sound is quite bad...

insignia is a nice player..but again..i read some reviews where hey say the sound is not it's best quality and it's also a bit bulky...

man..i still can't decide betwen i7 and A816

i heard the i7 has that button a bit too sensitive and it might be activated too easy

Nov 1, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #14 of 16
iriver clix 2. btw the zen's pretty buggy in terms of firmware. it's not very stable. the latest firmware release actually caused many of em white screen death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back