Another VS.. sorry!
Dec 15, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramstryke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
owners of the nano, Zen, Cowon D2, and Fuze, whats your longest typical battery life.. honestly..

50+ hours on my D2, but that's audio only.

I voted other, IMO the D2 or Fuze are both better options than an iPod.

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #32 of 42
Ive owned Cowon and Sony players and i still think the sony SQ is a tad better
smily_headphones1.gif
So my vote is for any of the Sony 16GB player's. The battery life is great also.

Dec 26, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #33 of 42
pulled the trig on the sony 639 from advanced.. hope I did good. :p it was that or the D2.. just didnt care for the size and touch screen or lack of subscription capability... cant wait til its here.. thx guys..

now to see if need to replace my shure e4 or not... what say all?
tongue.gif
I'm looking for a bit more bass.. e4 seemed to lack a bit..

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #34 of 42
CF mod a 2G iPod Mini for 32GB of storage and put an 850 mAh aftermarket battery in it.

Cheapest and awesomest 32GB flash player evar!

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CF mod a 2G iPod Mini for 32GB of storage and put an 850 mAh aftermarket battery in it.

Cheapest and awesomest 32GB flash player evar!

But no color screen.. That's why you should preform that mod on a iPod G5.5
biggrin.gif

Rockbox, no moving parts, long battery-life, superfast transfer speeds, FLAC!

But when it's iPod vs Zen.. iPod all the way!
The accessories, the simplicity, the easy GUI.

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #36 of 42
Color screen isn't necessary for audio playback, and having to worry about album art is a hassle (I'm too anal to leave the placeholder images, they make me crazy).

Plus the Mini's built like a tank and can withstand considerably more abuse than a 5.5G iPod.

5.5G does have a better HP out though, not by much but it is nicer sounding.

Dec 27, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #37 of 42
Well i have a nano 8 g and i wanted to be able to play my flac files and finally today i got a Sansa Fuze 8 g and i have been messing around with it all night and a/b testing it against my ipods with dock connectors and i am sorry to say that the sound on the fuse is muddy and not as high end sounding to me. I am bummed out by it.
frown.gif
Maybe i should have bit the bullet and paid double for a Cowon d2-- 16 g like i was planning.

Dec 28, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by oli_ramsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the 8GB Sansa Fuze? It has a Micro SD slot and can be upgraded to a 24GB play or even 40Gb when 32GB Micro SD cards come out. The SQ is meant to be awesome too (see fuze appreciation thread).

when is the 32 gb cards coming out?
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #42 of 42
yea, its gonna be an eternity til it arrives though.. advancedmp3uk dont ship til jan 5. and i'm sitting here toying with the idea of getting D2 just to see... grr.. i know thats what return policies are about.. but still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back