Another Vancouver Meet: June 29th
Jun 17, 2005 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rmx

100+ Head-Fier
Hey gang

So I think I'm going to be able to run another meet, this time at UBC on the 29th. I've just taken a job that requires a bit of setup on the 29th in one of the buildings at UBC, and I'll have a lot of space to set up some computers. So here's where I got thinking - gee, if I'm just setting up machines all day, I might as well get some people in here to listen to headphones and socialize!

So, here's the thread for it. Sign up with what equipment you'll have on hand. I'll have 2 rooms set up with powerbars and tables and computers. You're welcome to give me a hand setting up the network if you'd like
wink.gif

Day and Time: June 29th, 4pm onwards till late
Location: University of British Columbia (Actual building and room address TBA - I don't know it myself yet)
I'll be bringing everything in my sig, plus maybe a millet hybrid if it gets done on time.

Jun 18, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #2 of 8
Well, I've had some concerns about this being on a weekday. So lets start later on in the evening then, so more people can come. Start at say, 6ish?

Jun 18, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 8
If someone is willing to offer me a ride there and back to Seattle, you can count me in, so long as I can locate than blasted birth certificate...

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 8
Much as I'd love to get together with the local crew again, I'm going to have to pass. I have a birthday dinner and some other events that week and won't have the time or energy on the 29th. Thanks for the invitation, rmx!

Jun 20, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 8
Sorry guys... I havent recieved a single confirmed RSVP yet, so I'm going to cancel this meet. Perhaps another time... over a weekend or something. I'm still going to be doing that job at UBC at the same time, so if someone wants to come out and still help me set up computers and listen to headphones, my number is 604.721.5332 - give me a call. Perhaps it'll turn into an impromptu mini-meet.

Jul 5, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #8 of 8
ya, thanks for the effort man

i was at korea / japan until the 29th, and severely jetlagged from then until even now... so ^^;;
sorry for the late reply

anyhow, it seems like it was just a bad date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back