Another Update!! X-1000 Touchscreen Walkman 19th May release date
Feb 26, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #76 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a shame it's so, errrr, ugly? :s

But maybe that's a good sign, and it's all about what's inside with this one.

Yes, I didn't realize the "glitter" was on the front and back also, just thought it was on the sides. Might look better in person, hopefully.

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #77 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a shame it's so, errrr, ugly? :s

Ohhhhhh!!! You think it's ugly? I don't know what to think yet. I need to see it in real life first. I think the dandruff effect (glitter??) will look very subtle close up. But to be honest, it just looks like a regular bland Sony design to me, not ugly - just plain.

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #79 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Ascariss: I will be visiting my local sony style around May to check out the sony. I hope they will let me demo it.

This is such a long waiting period! Need a new player now.. .
Found the new Samsung P3 released. How does it compare to the Sony?

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #81 of 189
soozieq.. I AM SO JEALOUS!!

But I can't see myself getting it too soon at this price. I am moving to a very expensive place with my partner this month. Car insurance. All kinds of bills. A new gaming computer. Trip to China for two weeks. Already over spent quite a lot on my sony A729, S739, RH1, iPod touch two 32G -- Overy AU$1500 on these DAPs last year!!

And now i'm expecting the new X walkman to be twice the price here in Australian than anywhere else, as usual.

Sigh, I'm just a normal software engineer, 2nd year working
frown.gif
Wish I can be a senior soon...

P.S.
Sorry for the whinging :p, I guess that's what a man starts doing when he starts living with a partner.. LOL

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #82 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Japanese models always have better features.
Since the death of Atrac/SS outside of Japan, we lost a lot of those features.

I'm the one who don't complain about this though, for finally i can use anything else other than the SS ---- after being shocked, then panicked, then angered, then frustrated, then even more shocked, by the magic SS who spent 83 mins transferring my 2GB songs onto my S706. -_-

Feb 27, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #83 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by vedye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm the one who don't complain about this though, for finally i can use anything else other than the SS ---- after being shocked, then panicked, then angered, then frustrated, then even more shocked, by the magic SS who spent 83 mins transferring my 2GB songs onto my S706. -_-

Oh God. That reminds me of transferring 4Gb of music to my S706 via SS. It took about 90 minutes, during which SS crashed about 4 times, and then my album art didn't show up, not that it was very visible on the screen, but I could still make it out if I looked very closely
smile.gif

Actually, I didn't mind SS at all by the end. The later version was much more stable, and I really did like all the 'extras', gapless, on-the-fly playlists etc. And I see you've already spent a fortune on audio gear the past year!! Me too, so I'm selling the Touch (but still getting a smaller capacity model!) and I'll sell my A829 as well. That should help towards the cost!

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #84 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is such a long waiting period! Need a new player now.. .
Found the new Samsung P3 released. How does it compare to the Sony?

Should be nice, I don't think it has an oled screen though, and I always thought the P2 (I prefer my touch 2g soundwise). sounded really synthetic and digital and off on the mids. Of course the P3 could sound different, and tons of people think The P2 sounds awesome and the touch 2g sucks....

If it's out I'm sure you will see some comments/reviews soon. And of course we really wont know till people get these in their hands, at this point all speculation.

And ya I had a Japanese 808 and I did like the atrac gapless and playlisting, I sure don't miss SS though. To bad they couldn't give us both drag and drop and the other features from the Japanese models. No one could bitch about not having gapless/lossless (besides WAV) or OTG playlisting. LOL. Sony daps would have no equals :0

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #86 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stimpy_7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason the expect arrival date has gone to 1 to 2 months on Amazon
frown.gif

I know
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

EDIT: I just called the Sony Centre in Chelsea and they said they have an 'unconfirmed' release date of April in the UK
frown.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #88 of 189
Well I talked to Sony Westfield on Saturday. They have the specs already but can't release it because they are not sure which model they will be getting.

Sony, get your house in order!

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #89 of 189
And Sony Birmingham claimed they'd never heard of such a model, and therefore had NO information at all.

This is typical Sony, I don't even know why I'm surprised.

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #90 of 189
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And Sony Birmingham claimed they'd never heard of such a model, and therefore had NO information at all.

This is typical Sony, I don't even know why I'm surprised.

What are your thoughts on your ipod touch's sound quality Soozieq? does your sony NWZ-A829 sound much better?

I was expecting much more for some reason!

I also went into the sony store in Portsmouth late last week, they were under the impression that it would be released fairly soon. Although they didn't know much about it, i'm still amazed by how little these guys know about their own products. They only sell sony stuff for gods sake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back